• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Map smoothing spreadsheet

Fred H.

More stupid Excel tricks.....

Its hot out so I played on the computer a bit this afternoon and worked on some of my latest gear advanced PCV maps that my autotune system has been providing after the Guhl ECU reflash.

I figured out how to average tables in Excel, and so you'll now find two more maps and tabs on the spreadsheet. One is for the average of 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears, and the other is the average of all gears. The advantage of this is that it does some basic "map smoothing" and is a good way to eliminate any errant or poison cell data in any of the maps. The average of 3rd, 4th, and 5th is probably more reliable since there are many cells in 6th gear that you'll never get to (like 9K RPM).

This spreadsheet can also be saved onto your PC and you should be able to simply cut and paste data from your own bike (assuming you have an Autotune) directly into the 6 data tables and make your own averaging tables.

Anyway, here is the spreadsheet if you're interested in it. If you click on the yellow RPM box in the first tab, you can change the RPM and see how it affects the graphs. The other tabs have some 3D graphs on them as well.

http://angelridevideos.com/PCV/2010%20Gear%20Spreadsheet%20Guhl1_4_avg.xls

I just added the target AFR tables to it as well, so you can see what each cell it trying to achieve in terms of air fuel ratios.

Hey Fred,

What do the zeros in the target AFR table mean?  No change?  What AFR does the engine actually run at 2%? 

Why so rich at 5%? 

Zeros in the target AFR table tell the auto-tuner not to make any adjustment in those cells. The cells that are set to zero represent the places in the map where you would be decelerating, and I don't want the auto-tuner to attempt to make adjustments on decel, so I set them to zero.

The target AFR map was developed by Dynojet. I really can't say why it is rich or lean in certain areas. My best guess would be that the 5% cells are set the way they are to prevent lean surging with small throttle openings.