• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

May Newburgh, NY meet & greet 5/11

Cap'n Bob

Well since next Sunday is Mothers day and you might not be able to justify going riding on Sunday. Why not take a ride out Saturday and meet or re-meet some really nice COG folks at the May Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet! Spring and fall usually yields the best riding weather of the year in this area. Although it is a COG event. Anyone or any motorcycle is welcome. Heck, come in the cage if it works for you (I have enough times)
  We have the monthly meet & greets in Newburgh (because of location and food). Although it sees like we have had  a higher average of rain or snow (depending on the time of year) having it on the second Saturday of each month. It actually has rained once or twice......  Maybe I should move it to the first or third, LOL.
  Anyway it's normally held at the Neptune diner in Newburgh , NY @ 11AM. And most the time some folks are earlier. So come on out and I'll see y'all there.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=184920&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D05%2D05%27%7D

Just signed up. Good to be back from sunny (and hot FL). Looking forward to riding our wonderful NE roads again.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Well it looks like there might be rain in the forecast for tomorrow. Imagine that, rain.  :-[    Well we'll still be there for the meet & greet. But hey, I'm no warrior. If it's raining, I'll be in the Cage. So don't feel that you can't get there if your not on the bike. Pretend it's winter and come anyway. Or be a warrior and come on the bike. So although I planned on riding. If it's going to be rain. I figure that the wife was going to drive over anyway. Maybe I'll be riding with her.  :))

Yeah, this could suck.  :mad:

Wish we could make it but I'm moving food for the postal food drive to a local survival
center tomorrow. Hope you all have a great time and that the rains miss you.

To everyone,

Please consider donating a few cans or boxes of food from the pantry if you having the postal
food drive in your area, The need seems to be greater this year since so many are between jobs.

I hate to abort like this, but at my usual departure time from Bolton Landing it was pouring heavily. I just couldn't bring myself to get on the bike and ride 160 miles in the rain. Catch you all next time.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Well as expected, rain stuck it to us yet again. The funny part is the only time it didn't rain and keep things wet today, was when we were at the Neptune. The roads were dry in Newburgh when we arrived. Although there was probably zero chance of folks getting their today without seeing rain either coming or going (or both). So it was no surprise that we had a very small turn out today. It was basically Bill Billig, my wife Cindy and myself. It felt like a January M&G. Oh well they can't all turn out great. But this is like four or five months in a row with either rain or snow to hamper the event.  :mad: 
  Although I also have to realise that this meet & greet being the weekend before folks leave for the NE spring fling in a few days. So I'm not surprised by the less than stellar turn out with this weekends circumstances. Hopefully next time we'll get a good turn out. Anyway, I will now focus on the rally that I will be riding down to in a few days to see some friends.