• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mc Cruise

FTB530

Any chance that someone who has installed thenMC Cruise still has a set of directions, I would be willing to pay for a copy , Thanks

I am not going to get in to the reason I’m asking on this website for a copy of the instruction I have been in contact with mc cruise ,for some reason they didn’t want to send me the one or forgot to ,I’m tired of asking I’ve been in contact with them for a month trying to get parts ,I finally got the parts but I didn’t get the instructions I was asking if somebody had a pair of instructions that they wouldn’t mind sharing with me and looks like my comment got locked or something or moved so I’ll just go about it without the instructions and I’ll won’t be paying $37 here next renewal👍🏽

It is not locked, a moderator moved the thread into a more applicable topic. I am sure somebody will see it and help ya out.

Nothing sinister about the thread move. Just moved from General Discussions to the Accessories section.

Do you think more people go into the accessories section or do you think more people go into the general chat that is why I put it in the general chat thanks guys

FTB530 said:
Do you think more people go into the accessories section or do you think more people go into the general chat that is why I put it in the general chat thanks guys

I don't go to specific sections very often. I always use the "Show unread posts since last visit." to see what's new throughout the site. Sorry if this takes your original request way off-topic.

MtnRider said:
FTB530 said:

I don't go to specific sections very often. I always use the "Show unread posts since last visit." to see what's new throughout the site. Sorry if this takes your original request way off-topic.
i do the same, kinda thought more people read the general chat section ! Oh well im done

Not a real friendly post. Can't anybody who knows somebody that bought the McCruise get him some help, friendly or not?

Wow! You posted at 11:18 and by 2:46 you're done. I think that's a record! :)

Ftb.... ive git a buddy who put in the mccruise... ill call him tomorrow cuz its 2300 my local time, to see if he stillhas his instructions.  People are trying to help ....dont give up the ship yet....

Floyd,
My C14 already had it installed (thankfully!), but the PO gave me the whole set of instructions.
I'll PM you my email (you may already have it), send me yours and I'll scan and send you the packet.

FTB530 said:
I am not going to get in to the reason I’m asking on this website for a copy of the instruction I have been in contact with mc cruise ,for some reason they didn’t want to send me the one or forgot to ,I’m tired of asking I’ve been in contact with them for a month trying to get parts ,I finally got the parts but I didn’t get the instructions I was asking if somebody had a pair of instructions that they wouldn’t mind sharing with me and looks like my comment got locked or something or moved so I’ll just go about it without the instructions and I’ll won’t be paying $37 here next renewal👍🏽

As a past moderator, I would have done the exact same thing. We have sections for a reason. The McCruise is an accessory. As such goes in the accessories section whether or not you feel you can dictate how the forum works. As far as it being seen more in a general chat section, I don't buy it. Folks tend to check out all sections pertaining to the bike they own. Be that as it may, your thread will do fine in the accessory section. You should probably apologize to the moderator staff. Its a thankless job made much more difficult by unreasonable folks. Maybe you are just frustrated and I understand that.
  As to your problem. Would you like a PDF version of the installation manual for the 2010 McCruise. It should be the same in most respects to the current version. If you have a 2008-09 C14, it and the loom might be slightly different (don't remember exactly) with the changes to the gen II C14.
  If you would like the PDF send me a message with a good email address and Ill try to send it off to you. It's your lucky day. I haven't been on the forum in months and the first place I went was to the accessories section and saw this thread first. I guess the moderator wasn't such a (fill in the blank) after all.

Edit: had wrong quote, sorry

FTB530 said:
Apologize for what exactly, I was told the reason and I accept it!

I would agree the post shouldn't have been moved. Similar posts in the General area and not moved. Guess your just not in the "click" on this forum. Some can do no wrong. Good luck with your search.

Guys... there are bigger fish we should be frying. Sounds like Floyd is OK with the whole thing. Moderators have a thankless job, let's give them a little grace  :beerchug:

Shizzle said:
FTB530 said:
Apologize for what exactly, I was told the reason and I accept it!

I would agree the post shouldn't have been moved. Similar posts in the General area and not moved. Guess your just not in the "click" on this forum. Some can do no wrong. Good luck with your search.
There is a three page thread in General chat and tech about a Rostra cruise install, oh well , I can’t delete this thread either so lock it !

I'm sorry I missed the Rostra thread in General chat and Tech. But I am not the only moderator and we are all volunteers. If anyone thinks they can do better please raise your hand and volunteer.

After a thread has been in the wrong section for a long period of time which the Rostra thread is there is no point in moving it. However new Accessory threads in the Chat and Tech are normally moved to the correct child board. It also helps when someone reports a thread in the wrong section.