• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

me too

HansaTom

Moped
Hi, my name is Tom , I'm a Connie-dropper.... :(
Actually I don't really know why it happened , but 3 days after I got my Connie I dropped it on a graveled parking lot.
I was about to stop , put my left foot out but Connie decided to lean to the right. After a short struggle she won.
There is almost no damage ,( fortunately the previous owner had frame sliders installed ), only a few minor scratches on the black lower part and on the front of my hard bag. I guess from my boot.
I quickly picked her up ( the way it is described in one of the sticky posts above ) , only one car driver saw me .
The embarrassing part is , I couldn't start her anymore .
I called my Kawasaki dealer and after a brief conversation while looking for anything that might have gone wrong we found the reason:
It was still in gear  :-[ .

That sucks Tom...riding on loose gravel is no fun on any road bike, but a behemoth Connie can be a nightmare if you're not real careful. At least you're ok.

Connie sure can be a top-heavy beast.  Once she gets going there's just no stopping her - particularly with a full tank of fuel.  Thank goodness for those frame sliders.  They are a great addition to any Concours.  I'm really glad that neither you nor Connie was hurt, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop her again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster.

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew

Misery loves company. Still in gear. Priceless! So damn worried about who saw you and embarrassed and all. I know it all too well. Been there done that. Welcome to the club :)

@ChipDoc : I did it  :)
I just signed up for a full membership
( even when the weak Can$ makes it a little bit more expensive).

Thanks Tom and welcome!  In a couple of days the "forum" next to the COG # in the left hand column will turn into your actual COG number.  You'll have to log out and then log back in for it to show up.  When it does, drop another note in here and I'll hook you up.

Excellent - let me give you a CDA number too!

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 545th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0541 C14 Alan G Peck
0542 C14 Daniel McDermott
0543 C14 Richard Nielsen
0544 C14 Shawn Teel
0545 C14 Thomas Wrede