• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mechanics

Meadow

Moped
Ok, I am convinced that the mom and pop metric shops tend to provide better service then dealers, especially multi-branders. Unless it is already here somewhere that I haven't found how about a thread where members list m&p's metrics that they are familare with or have come across that provide that service. for example a Harley rider on the way thru from Sturgis went to the local dealer with a flat and was told it would take 2(two) weeks before they could repair it, so he went to one of our local metrics who believes in putting out of towners at the head of the line and got him on his way. If I need something fixed before taking a trip, that needs attention before I take off he gives me an advantage. If this takes off I will to get it started in ADVrider.com and add the two inputs. My thinking is this would be helpful when away form home areas for those coggers who are at my limited mechanical level. Thank you.

If ever you ride the West Coast of Canada, more specifically British Columbia, these guys are top notch. Burnaby Kawasaki 7771 Edmonds Street Burnaby, BC Canada V3N 1B9 604-525-9393

This is a good topic deserving of a bump. The theory's sound, people will seek out a dealer because they have the big green K outside, but mom and pop shops live or die by reputation alone. There's a bad side to that though, there's a car repair shop where I live, a father and two sons. They have an excellent, long standing reputation but now it takes 2 weeks minimum to get an appointment. Still, it's worth it if you can take the time.