• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Med ID tags....just my thoughts...

sas mayhem

Street Cruiser
Well my friends I ended up getting the http://www.rescuefacts.com/?page_id=32, it was what I was looking for.  Before I ordered them, I asked via e mail, if I could get them in red, for better visibility.  To my surprise I got a email back form the office from a Cordelia I real super person,  she informed me that all the motorcycle one come in black, BUT the tags for a large K-9 (dog  ;)) that they sell, is the same size and is in red. So she kindly sent me the K-9 ones and a stack of human (that us) medical slips to replace the Veterinarian slip. Another thing that I liked about this system is that I can put one on my helmet and use another on fasten to my zipper.  I don't honestly see myself remembering to always making sure that I have a bracelet or necklace on, since my work place and 20 yrs in the USAF working on planes... jewelry is Forbidden.  So this set up worked the best for me and the best bang for the buck.
OH !!! I have ridden in the rain and everything stayed dry, and I can't feel them either.

allsorts155.jpg

allsorts156.jpg

Cheers
Ron

So whats wrong with you?  :rotflmao: Perhaps the "pyramid" will help!  :nananana:

Sorry I just could not resist I think this is a  great idea!  I already have my ICE (In Case of Emergency) info on the back of my helmets, but this little device really stands out and there is no doubt it will be seen.

Thanks for  the link!  Woof!  ;)

2linby,  On the back of the helmet????  Shouldn't it be on the front with "IN CASE OF INJURY DO NOT REMOVE HELMET" plainly visible?

oldsawfiler said:
2linby,  On the back of the helmet????  Shouldn't it be on the front with "IN CASE OF INJURY DO NOT REMOVE HELMET" plainly visible?

Who says anyone will find you face up???  This might sound trite, but really now? How many injured riders have you seen (other than in the freaking movies) face up???  Didn't thing so!

The fact that I have the information there certainly may be more helpful then not, however I really do like the idea of having this information more easily seen. And if a tag like this works then all the better.

In fact I've been thinking about making a tag for my Roadcrafter (Stich) stating "Zipper removes from the bottom up" so the EMT's (if need arises!) won't take their happy scissors to my very expensive suit.

2linby said:
oldsawfiler said:

Who says anyone will find you face up???  This might sound trite, but really now? How many injured riders have you seen (other than in the freaking movies) face up???  Didn't thing so!

The fact that I have the information there certainly may be more helpful then not, however I really do like the idea of having this information more easily seen. And if a tag like this works then all the better.

In fact I've been thinking about making a tag for my Roadcrafter (Stich) stating "Zipper removes from the bottom up" so the EMT's (if need arises!) won't take their happy scissors to my very expensive suit.

IMHO, the chances are better they will see it when they go to remove the helmet than when you are lying face down.  All the first responder training I have taken has us roll the victim onto the back after the initial assessment. If a helmet is to be removed, it will be done from front and the medic SHOULD see it when cutting the retaining strap. 

Bottom line.. it is probably a good idea to have medic alert/info tag someplace visible.

From conversations with the EMTs I know, they're gonna cut the 'stitch off regardless. Hey, they don't carry those scissors around just to look cool. :)

Ranger Jim said:
From conversations with the EMTs I know, they're gonna cut the 'stitch off regardless. Hey, they don't carry those scissors around just to look cool. :)

When I wrecked back in 05. I asked the EMT's not to cut my jacket. Yes my broken arm hurt, but I told them to just take my coat off. They said they wouldn't cut the jacket, then proceeded to cut the jacket! I guess they say what they need to, trying to keep you calm.  :'(

I saw a site on the net the other day that had custom made dog tags.  You could put any info that would fit on it.  Since the medics are going to cut everything off except for your undies to check for injury so it would hopefully be noticed.

AngryBaby said:
I saw a site on the net the other day that had custom made dog tags.  You could put any info that would fit on it.  Since the medics are going to cut everything off except for your undies to check for injury so it would hopefully be noticed.

Again:

http://www.roadid.com/Common/Catalog.aspx?C=RoadID#5

Y'all should look at what they offer. They make different devices for your needs!

Cap'n Bob said:
AngryBaby said:
Again:
http://www.roadid.com/Common/Catalog.aspx?C=RoadID#5
Y'all should look at what they offer. They make different devices for your needs!

Those where going to be my first choice, but I know me and as I stated above. I would most likely forget to put it on or be reminded to remove it at work.
Very nice product tho.

Cheers
Ron