• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

meet Mike

mikereynolds

Big Wheel
Howdy,
I've always liked the Concours from the first time I saw one one the cover of Motorcyclist Magazine in March 1986. I just picked up my first Connie, It is a '95 with 46k on the clock. Well used. abused, put away wet but runs and looks terrible. I also paid too much for it but I just hada have her. Her previous owner was a COG member as the sticker is still proudly on the windshield. He loved this bike, unfortunately he lost a battle to cancer; so in his honor the project begins...I've been riding for 40 years all types of bikes and have owned far too many to keep count. This bike will be used mainly for my many business trips and a few pleasure rides as well. I plan on making her mechanically perfect and safe first. Then he looks department will follow. It needs everything but a battery, seat and petcock (I just did that so now it sorta runs), I'm hoping the carbs are gummed up and not a victim of hydrolok. So' I'll be mostly be lurking and searching this forum for info and tech tips along the process. Let the fun begin......

Hi Mike and welcome,
The good people here are like having 20 good mechanics to help you get the bike where you want it to be.  It is great for someone that does not know what they are doing or even a good wrencher that wants to know what he can play with on this bike.  Consider joining the club.  We have been helping owners enjoy their ride since 1989.

Waiting and watchling....welcome, the bike is a real warhorse, it will do very well for what you have planned...and I bet it won't be hard to get it on the road either, with the help available here!

Fire away...

Welcome Mike! There are some great COGgers here. I am fairly new myself and is is easy to feel a part here!