• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michelin Pilot 3

Hogboy

Street Cruiser
Read the brief review of tarrs, including the Pilot 3, over on the C14 Tires Forum.  From last month's edition of UK's "Bike" magazine (possible best in the business).

If you're too lazy, they conclude that the Pilot 3 is the best (sports touring) wet tire by far and is about the same as the Pilot 2 in the dry (grip and life).

I dont see a 16" rear option for the stock C10 rear wheel. According to Michelin site the fronts are ok, but no rear.

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=pilotroad3

So solly (yet again) I misread the damn chart - no 18's and no 16's.  This is C14 land only.

Apologies to all and I'm amending the thread.

Hogboy said:
So solly (yet again) I misread the damn chart - no 18's and no 16's.  This is C14 land only.

There are quite a few of us with 17inch C10's  rear wheels running PR2 and PR3 

Hogboy said:

The Michelin site lists a front tire for our Concours.  120/70x18.  I can't find a supplier that has one though.  I need to buy a front tire and this would be first choice if I could find one.  I may buy the Pilot 2 instead or the Bridgestone BT023.
Rear is the biggest problem.  About the only radial options are the stock Dunlop and the Azaro.

for the front get the 110/80-18 anyway. Its the actual correct size. Yeah I know what the book says. Reality is that a 120/70 radial is designed for a 3.5" wheel and the Connie only has a 3" wheel. 

so how does Dunlop do that for the original K700/701 tires. Well according to the specs a 120/70 should be 4.72" wide. And a 110/80 should be 4.33" wide. According to the dunlop website a 120/70 in the K701 is 4.37". -- Its barely a few thou wider that a 110 and no where near a 120.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_category.asp?id=7

Here is Dunlop  page. Check out the D207 in 120/70 == 4.72". Check out the D208 120/70 == 4.69". Then scroll to the bottom  K701 in 120/70 = 4.37".

In the last couple of days, motorcycle superstore has the Michelin Pilot 3 front tire listed as in stock for the Concours 10 either in the 110/80 or the 120/70.  Good News!

Bill said:
In the last couple of days, motorcycle superstore has the Michelin Pilot 3 front tire listed as in stock for the Concours 10 either in the 110/80 or the 120/70.  Good News!
I just bought one this past week from Dennis Kirk, $10 more frugal than the Superstore. It's on the bike, I like it. About half the weight of a Pilot GT, handles nice so far in the little bit of town riding so far. Slight shimmy at while slowing from about 50mph, hands off the bars, less than an eighth inch, stopped right away on it's own.  Will get a little more serious about testing it out in a few days. Also, will have about a 4000 mile trip coming up later this month, mostly flatland, though. :(