• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michelin Pilot GTs

Can someone tell me the Michelin Pilot GT size needed for a 2000 connie front and rear. Just want to make sure I get the right ones. Thanks, Andy

Front is a 130/70x18, rear is 160/80x16. I'll spare you the opinion 'cause I don't live/ride in PA. Others may not... :eg: Mike B / Gig Harbor, WA

My opinion is wiseguy has an opinion. ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

It's really quite handy. The Pilot GTs come in 1 size for the front and 1 size for the rear. I'd take a bet that Wizeguy Mike has an opinion, maybe two!! FWIW, I'm about to put my second set of GTs on this weekend. Happy trails.
RidingSmiling.jpg
Mike Bryant North Bend, WA

Mike, how many miles on your first set? I have about 3k on mine now, I really like them, will put another set when these need replacing.

Let's see, I put them on last year at about 9150 and today I have 25833 on the clock. Obviously, I'm not a very aggressive rider but then I don't hold up traffic either ;p
RidingSmiling.jpg

Let's see, I put them on last year at about 9150 and today I have 25833 on the clock. Obviously, I'm not a very aggressive rider but then I don't hold up traffic either AND - You almost always have a passenger don't you Mike? And luggage too? That's some pretty darn good mileage you got there. Of course your passenger is kinda petite and cute... so maybe that doesn't make much difference to tire wear after all :)

15K that is very good news, I have around 4K on mine now, with a plug in the rear for the flat I got after 300 miles, the my cheap, I mean economy minded self, I would be very pleased with 15K.

Of course your passenger is kinda petite and cute... so maybe that doesn't make much difference to tire wear after all
I'm sure I'll think of some witty remark to this statement sometime soon :p Maybe!
RidingSmiling.jpg