• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michigan 2017 Event Planning

talcon

Hi all - here is what I have submitted to the CAN newsletter.    Michiganders: This is YOUR schedule - please make suggestions, additions, etc.  ;D

I have an immediate need for a volunteer to host the Spring Wrench Session on Sunday, April 23rd. (see below)

=======================================================================

Scheduled rides so far:

Feb 18th (Saturday), noon, Ride-to-eat, Tony's I-75 Restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan.  Home of the famous 1-pound-bacon BLT.  We had six total coggers make it.  Can you believe the weather was nice enough that we actually got to ride to it!?!?

Apr 23 (Sunday) - 9am - 2pm - MI Spring COG Wrench Session!  - Location TBD - Need a volunteer to host this!

May 7 (Sunday), 10 AM - 3 PM - All Clubs Ride and Swap Meet, Stockbridge, MI  (this is the meet up and ride, not the show - there are bound to be old bikes there though).  We will meet at the Gazebo in the Town Square, off M-52, around 10:30am.  Contact: Suzie Greenway  #517.851.7437    or    suznort@juno.com
Coffee/Donuts, visit/meet/greet, pickup a ride sheet and have fun!

June 12-16, COG “Show Me MO Twisties” National Rally, Lake of the Ozarks, MO  - Rally Central will be at the Lodge of Four Seasons Resort.  http://concours.org/national/2017-national-rally  Non-members, join up on at http://www.cog-online.org for a special rate after your registration.  (note - I will not be attending the Nationals this year)

I haven't forgotten about July-September and am hoping to get some weekend trips setup and on the schedule.  Richard had a suggestion for a sunrise to sunset ride across the state, starting somewhere near Alpena and ending near Traverse City.

- Randy

Hay Randy that was me. I am checking on camping/lodging near Empire.
Also looking for places in Harrisville.

S-to-S ride... glad to see someone got that ride renewed!  Hopefully, this yrs. ride won't be as damp as it was in '05 when we started in Port Hope & ended in St. Joe.....   

spent a couple of minutes w/ google mapping & tossed this possible route option together to stretch out the riding time, as it's such a short distance 'tween Alpena & T.C.

https://goo.gl/maps/GsChUbjfLNs       

Thanks DeansZG. I haven't figured out how to do that routing thing yet.
I would drop down to Military Rd. I want to get over to Harrisville and see what I can
find for lodging and camping. I want to stay south of Traverse City as much as
possible. I aws also thinking Saturday night coming back to my place for the night.
I have some beds and lots of room for camping on my property.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to save your route.

Sorry no volunteers for the wrench session tomorrow - so it's canceled.  It's supposed to be a nice day so I hope to get out and do some riding!

The MI blessing of the bikes was this past weekend in Baldwin.

But there's a bikini bike wash and show this Saturday in Manitou Beach.
Jerry's Pavilion Market
1235 Elm St, Manitou Beach, Michigan 49253

Just curious...  is anything happening in MI this year?  Planning was during my busy season at work, but it would be fun to have something get us together.

I might be down to Gratten for SBTT Sept 23-24th.
I will also be down for the WERA Sprint Racing Series Sept 23-24.
Everyone is wellcome to come and watch and think they could
keep up.

Hey Randy, lets try and make that sunrise/sunset ride happen. If the weather stays nice I'm for camping, if not we could rent a cabin or motel rooms.
Even a day ride up the thumb would be good, Sunday's weather looks good 9-24, just saying. I haven't seen anyone since last year at your place. Darn time is a flying bye. I have a different bike these days.
Jim

turbojim said:
Hey Randy, lets try and make that sunrise/sunset ride happen. If the weather stays nice I'm for camping, if not we could rent a cabin or motel rooms.
Even a day ride up the thumb would be good, Sunday's weather looks good 9-24, just saying. I haven't seen anyone since last year at your place. Darn time is a flying bye. I have a different bike these days.
Jim
October 6-8 a possibility?

Friday and Saturday are looking likely to be wet but Sunday looks like a great day. How about a lunch ride? Bay city maybe?
How about Randy anyone know where he has been?