• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michigan RTE - COG Breakfast Meetup Mar 12 9:30am, Lansing, MI

talcon

Michigander Coggers!  Let's have a pre-season breakfast meetup!  We can discuss events everyone would like to do this season, make some plans for a spring wrench session, find out who's going to the national, schedule some more Ride To Eats (RTE's), etc.

I chose central-state so even the left-coasters can make it in! 

Here's the link to register (need not be a member): https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=231457&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272016%2D03%2D01%27%7D

Date/Time:  Saturday, March 12, 2016, 9:30am
Place:  Fleetwood Diner, 2211 South Cedar Street, Lansing, MI 48910, (517) 267-7606

Links to the diner:  http://thefleetwooddiner.com/lansing-location-menu/

Attachments

• 9209-land_l.jpg
    9209-land_l.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 93
And "SNICKERS" too!
Maybe we can show those "flat landers" what a real breakfast is.
Weather permitting.

Flat-spot said:
And maybe a Hoosier...if the Neutron Bommer is wrenched back together by then. :motonoises:

Sure - you can come too!

I got a little something for you Mark - not sure if you've ever seen this?  This is the railroad bridge in Flint (home of Grand Funk) on Fenton Rd just South of 12th Street - it's left this way as a sign of respect to the band:

Attachments

• thumb.jpeg
    thumb.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 93
DeansZG said:
  Sadly, cannot make it due to conflicting *&^/×+@#$ work schedule :mad:

Sorry Dean!  Just saw this AFTER sending you an email today asking if you saw this event!  Der.. should have checked myself! 

Sorry, but work is 7 days/week through mid June or so. Wish I could be there. Hope to get to a few events this year, especially if they're more central or west MI. June 12th bike show at Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners is usually worth the trip.

MichiGlenn said:
Sorry, but work is 7 days/week through mid June or so. Wish I could be there. Hope to get to a few events this year, especially if they're more central or west MI. June 12th bike show at Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners is usually worth the trip.

You'll have to keep bugging, badgering, er..... "suggesting" R-t-E ideas to Randy :19:  such as: Rosie's Diner, Clifford Lake Inn(Stanton), Grill House, etc......

RWulf said:
Plus ! for that thair Clifford Lake Inn

I remember Clifford Lake Inn - that place was really nice!  Gil let me try out his KLR there!  I was actually working on the calendar today for this season!  :)

Do you really need us to register OR if we tell you on this posting that we are coming is that good enough?

Mettler1 and I plan on attending - if it matters.

SilverConnieRider said:
Do you really need us to register OR if we tell you on this posting that we are coming is that good enough?

Mettler1 and I plan on attending - if it matters.

Well it's helpful and all that.. but not required.  Thanks for checking!  See you guys on Saturday!

delling3 said:
Eh, where does one "register"?  I am planning on being there, but didn't see anywhere to register.

You don't have to - but if you would like to, the link is up in the first post at the top.  Thanks - be good to see you guys Saturday - so far the weather is looking GREAT!  low 60's.  That feels like 80 to us northerners after winter!

You'll have to keep bugging, badgering, er..... "suggesting" R-t-E ideas to Randy :19:  such as: Rosie's Diner, Clifford Lake Inn(Stanton), Grill House, etc......

Another RTE I'd vote for is Laura's Little Burger Joint in Decatur.  A tiny roadside stand just past the middle of nowhere that was voted best burger in MI a couple of years ago.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lauras-little-burger-joint-decatur

It's in a field out in fruit and vineyard country, and cooks food to order (a bit slow for a drive-in, but good).

Anyway, that's my absentee vote.

MichiGlenn said:

Another RTE I'd vote for is Laura's Little Burger Joint in Decatur.  A tiny roadside stand just past the middle of nowhere that was voted best burger in MI a couple of years ago.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lauras-little-burger-joint-decatur

It's in a field out in fruit and vineyard country, and cooks food to order (a bit slow for a drive-in, but good).

Anyway, that's my absentee vote.

Thanks Glenn!  We'll put it on the list!  :)

Great meet up yesterday!!!  It was great to see everybody!! (especially the Wulf)  Now I can say I sampled the Hippie Hash at the Fleetwood Diner!  :))

We are going to have a fantastic 2016 season! 

SilverConnieRider - would you mind posting the group photo here?  I'd really appreciate it!

SilverConnieRider - would you mind posting the group photo here?  I'd really appreciate it!

Here it is.

Eight of us made it there and it was a good time, good food, and good company.

SilverConnieRider said:

Here it is.

Eight of us made it there and it was a good time, good food, and good company.

Great Picture!  Thank you Sir!

Looks like a good turn out...for breakfast even! :-\
  I reCOGnize a few of the bunch, but could you i.d. the group( well, at least 1st names or monikers anyway)?

DeansZG said:

Looks like a good turn out...for breakfast even! :-\
  I reCOGnize a few of the bunch, but could you i.d. the group( well, at least 1st names or monikers anyway)?

Pretty good turnout and the restaurant was pretty good.  Sorry we missed you Dean! 

From left to right, we have Jim, Chris, Ed, Stan, Richard, me, Tom, and Karl  (sorry Karl - fixed that spelling!)

Yeebus, what a motley bunch of malcontents.  ;-)

Any thought/talk about a spring wrenching session?

I'm headed to Deals Gap with my brother and nephews in mid May.