• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid Florida RTE Short Notice Sunday Jan 27

SteveJ

Short notice RTE at:

Sleepy Hollow
10333 E Gobbler DR
Floral City
http://www.wallowatthehollow.com/

Time: about Noon on Sunday, Jan 27

As this is a Sunday RTE, their BBQ will consist of chicken and pork, if past practice is followed. The price remains a frugal $5.

If you have never been there, this is your opportunity to see a one off Florida original. There are usually air boats coming and going(rides usually available) trinket wagons(it is a cruiser hangout), outdoor band, eat outdoors under the live oaks, and usually 100++ bikes. Check out their website linked above.

Notes.

This is kind of a big place, hooking up could be a challenge, just look for someone in a Power Ranger suit. :rotflmao:

No plastic.

Folks wanting to meet up at our house at 9:30 are more than welcome, we'll have Margie's coffee on and Bella will be glad to see ya. Plan on leaving here at about 10ish. 669 Woodview Dr, Tavares, 32778. Your RSVP is requested and appreciated if meeting at our house, post up, PM, email, Pony Express, phone call at 3five2-3four3-9ll7. Thanks again. The following link is the anticipated route:

http://goo.gl/maps/n3Fpo

What else? Oh, all are welcome, COG or not.

That's 6+ hours of riding, round trip...  What better way to spend a Sunday?

Nothing planned, so I'll go for it.  Might have a friend ride along, he's a shoe in for BBQ.

IronButtAl said:
It's a bit of a ride for me, but I'm going to try to make it.      Al
It's a good thing you put new meat on. You may want to make motel arrangements nearby, just sayin'.

Mcfly said:
That's 6+ hours of riding, round trip...  What better way to spend a Sunday?

Nothing planned, so I'll go for it.  Might have a friend ride along, he's a shoe in for BBQ.
6 hours out in my church, cool.

Swingin' by our place for coffee? (It's what all the really cool COGgers do)

For folks that haven't met here before, the ride pace will be the usual 5-10 over. We don't need no stinkin' tickets.

Been there :great:

Can't make it this time ???

Next year I am gonna by God have a bike in Florida for the winter. This sux........

SteveJ. said:
6 hours out in my church, cool.

Swingin' by our place for coffee? (It's what all the really cool COGgers do)

For folks that haven't met here before, the ride pace will be the usual 5-10 over. We don't need no stinkin' tickets.

I probably will, as I'll need to stretch my weary bones by then.

As for the pace, I'm no speed demon...  I'll try to keep up.

OK THAT Does IT!! :96:
Next time you guys schedule one for the Sleepy Hollow...you better (!) darn contact me first... :angry:
unless you  Intend for me not to be there.?!?!!???!?

Darn it, I'm working that date- again
:mad: :c002:
:38:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I am tentatively planning on being there but it's gonna be an interesting weekend!  I live in Broward County and plan on going to http://www.daniabeachvintagebikeshow.com/ on Saturday then leaving there and riding north to my other house in Bushnell on Saturday night. On Sunday morning I will meet up with y'all and ride to Sleepy Hollow. After lunch I will ride back to Broward. To some of you, don't laugh but this may be the farthest I have ever ridden in 2 days!!  :motonoises:  ::)

Jo said:
Darn it, I'm working that date- again

Welcome to my world...  :nananana: 

I've missed more Saturday RTEs last year because of work.  :mad:
Not to mention Events, Tech Days.... you name it! :-[

Hope to see at one of the RTEs this year.  One we're both off for!  :beerchug:

Steve J-- I'm planning on meeting at your house at 9:30 as long as there's no snow, black ice, or torrential rain in the forecast. Looking forward to it.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
  Steve J-- I'm planning on meeting at your house at 9:30 as long as there's no snow, black ice, or torrential rain in the forecast. Looking forward to it.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Ditto!!!

Anyone from the Space Coast Area plan on going over? If so, email me at Airwingmark@gmail.com and we can link up early Sunday morning for a ride over to the dark side.

Airwingmark said:
Anyone from the Space Coast Area plan on going over? If so, email me at Airwingmark@gmail.com and we can link up early Sunday morning for a ride over to the dark side.

E-mail Sent.

If anybody from down South is thinking about doing this and wants to ride up on Sat., your welcome to stay at my house.

Iceman said:
If anybody from down South is thinking about doing this and wants to ride up on Sat., your welcome to stay at my house.

Same goes for me..  I am Southwest of Orlando proper and approx  1 hr from  SteveJ's house...

COG 9334 (and newly "motorcycle" licensed Teressa) are IN for this one
bigthumb.gif

I would like to add STEVEJ finds better places to eat in FL alone than the show "Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins" find nationwide
bigthumb.gif
bigthumb.gif
bigthumb.gif

Steve said:
I would like to add STEVEJ finds better places to eat in FL alone than the show "Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins" find nationwide
bigthumb.gif
bigthumb.gif
bigthumb.gif

+1. a true professional eater! :great:  I spose I'm in, probably chauffeuring on the mighty voyager  ??? Another Steve

Hey there #9334, thanks for the compliment. And a huge big a$$ welcome to one of Florida's newest riders. :great:

Update: The COG head honcho Al(ironbuttAl) Norcross is kicking in a $50 Bike Bandit gift card paid for from S.E. COG funds for our esteemed get together. Rules on how to win/earn it will be made up later. :rotflmao: As this prize is paid for by COG, only members are eligible. Membership has it's privileges.  ;) BTW, non members can bring a check book and sign up on the spot. Again, ALL are welcome to attend, COG or not.

It's looking like a pretty good turn out. Looks like some of our winter visitors along with at least four Steves will be there. Not to mention the regulars and not quite regulars, some new, some not so new. All cool.

Just checked the forecast. After a low of 46-50 with some early fog, we should have a high of 72 under clear to partly cloudy skies. Looks like severe nice to me.  :great:

And thanks again to SECOG AD Al Norcross for the bribe prize.

SteveJ. said:
Hey there #9334, thanks for the compliment. And a huge big a$$ welcome to one of Florida's newest riders. :great:

Update: The COG head honcho Al(ironbuttAl) Norcross is kicking in a $50 Bike Bandit gift card paid for from S.E. COG funds for our esteemed get together. Rules on how to win/earn it will made up later. :rotflmao: As this prize is paid for by COG, only members are eligible. Membership has it's privileges.  ;) BTW, non members can bring a check book and sign up on the spot. Again, ALL are welcome to attend, COG or not.

It's looking like a pretty good turn out. Looks like some of our winter visitors along with at least four Steves will be there. Not to mention the regulars and not quite regulars, some new, some not so new. All cool.

Just checked the forecast. After a low of 46-50 with some early fog, we should have a high of 72 under clear to partly cloudy skies. Looks like severe nice to me.  :great:

Sounds like a perfect day!  Back is good today check    house will be finished new flooring check.... so I look like I am in.
Thanks  Steve  :)

SteveJ. said:

Update: The COG head honcho Al(ironbuttAl) Norcross is kicking in a $50 Bike Bandit gift card paid for from S.E. COG funds for our esteemed get together. Rules on how to win/earn it will made up later. :rotflmao: As this prize is paid for by COG, only members are eligible. Membership has it's privileges.  ;) BTW, non members can bring a check book and sign up on the spot. Again, ALL are welcome to attend, COG or not.

Perhaps some racin' will be involved!?........ 
dblthumb2.gif

Thanks Al!

I am in...

I will be riding north on Turnpike from Jensen Beach on Sunday morning if anyone wants to meet up along the way, let me know.

Steve said:
SteveJ. said:

dblthumb2.gif

Thanks Al!
Maybe racin' to the line for Q. :))

SteveJ. said:
Steve said:
SteveJ. said:

dblthumb2.gif

Thanks Al!
Maybe racin' to the line for Q. :))
Line? we don't need no stinking line, they serve us at the table like big dogs  :beerchug:

Al, I know there is a red tape procedure in regards to how to acquire a 50K decal....but I heard a rumor through the grapevine you may have them - if thats the case could you bring me one and I'll just show you the ODO reading hehe  ;D

Steve said:
Al, I know there is a red tape procedure in regards to how to acquire a 50K decal....but I heard a rumor through the grapevine you may have them - if thats the case could you bring me one and I'll just show you the ODO reading hehe  ;D

Al doesn't have them anymore...I do! Bwahahahahaha! Unless he's got some stashed that he's holding out on. Hmmm...
Unfortunately, I won't make the RTE but send me an email at eminter at bellsouth dot net and we'll get you taken care of.

Eddie

Yup, Eddie's the man to go to for mileage awards. Steve, didn't you get the last Concourier issue a week ago? There's all about high mileage bikes and Eddies work in there. Please let me know if you didn't get it.    Al

SteveJ,

I am in for "Q".

I will be stopping by your place 9:30am.  Looking forward to meeting fellow coggers!!

I will be heading out of Oviedo, anyone in the area who would like to meet up and ride over, send me a message.

:great:

FL_Cruzin said:
SteveJ,

I am in for "Q".

I will be stopping by your place 9:30am.  Looking forward to meeting fellow coggers!!

I will be heading out of Oviedo, anyone in the area who would like to meet up and ride over, send me a message.

:great:
Cool. BTW, it's not Q there, just chicken and pork grilled on an outdoor open flame. But it's all yummy.

I just checked out Sunday's weather. Looks like more severe nice. Sun morning low of 54, high of 77. Partly cloudy, winds 5-10 out of the north.  :great:

YUP looks like the perfect day! 58 and sunny when I leave at 0830 should be at Steve's House at 0930 for Coffee...
I think I will wear my Icon 7th Seal  Jacket...  No one will mistake me for anyone else  BUT  devilboy  ;)

Just got home from the long ride back. Best guess is we had 32 at the RTE, as I t was hard to get everyone together for the photo ( had 20 there) and the band was loud. Lance, who lives in Citrus County, FL with me, and his wife was also there, won a $50.00 BikeBandit gift card for the least amount of tread on the rear tire (worn down pretty good).
Thanks go out to our King of RTE's Steve Johnston for getting us together once again in sunny, and a very warm for January day.
See some of you knuckleheads at the Keys ride on February 14-17.
Good seeing everyone......as always. New members all & Ed Deemer, glad you made it.
Al      sead@cog-online.org

Thanks for making my wife right again! She said I needed to get new shoes and I said, "no way!". Bring on the PR3s.  >:D
At least the $50 prize eases the pain. I guess it does pay to join and participate in COG.  :)

Squid said:
Thanks for making my wife right again! She said I needed to get new shoes and I said, "no way!". Bring on the PR3s.  >:D
At least the $50 prize eases the pain. I guess it does pay to join and participate in COG.  :)

congrats!

Great get together, I will still forget names unless you wear name tags.....    :rotflmao: But if I see you enough and you can put up with me  , I will get it eventually....  Thanks to Steve J for throwing this together and boldly leading us through the Florida Twisties
90 minutes  back to Polk/Osceola Line....    ALOT of Connies  surrounded by a vast sea of oil spewing vehicles made by  the 2nd American Motorcycle company ;)

Made it home after a 320 mile round trip of great riding.  SteveJ, thanks for a great
ride to Sleepy Hollow, it was nice to lean the Connie, and enjoy some great scenery.
  • Joe (VTX) started asking me about the Concours.  It seems he wants to keep up in the turns now! 
    :hee20hee20hee:
    I'm gonna let him try mine, to see if he likes it.  He's already askin' about kneesavers
    and risers... we may have him hooked!
  • It was nice seeing familiar faces, and happy to meet new people.  Mark and Lorne,
    great meeting/riding with you guys... fog or no fog!  It was a memorable journey!
  • Thanks everyone for making a great day of riding even better!

Just rolled in about 45 minutes ago. Steve J led Daytona Mike and I on some pretty nice roads for FL before stopping off at Lake Harris Hideaway for a bit. Had a great ride today of 220+ miles and got my 1st longer ride on my new Russell Day Long, 2 thumbs up on the RDL.
Along with Heli Horizon ST bars the comfort upgrades are done and I can move on to performance upgrades :13:

Had a really good time, rode 730 mi. over Sat. & Sun., made it home (300 mi.) in record time (3 hrs 45 min) If I did this right: 300 divided by 3.75 =80 mph average and I stopped twice for gas! Saw several troopers on the way just glad they didn't see me.

Thank you SteveJ for putting this shindig together and also for showing us a bit of excellent FL roads from your place to Sleepy Hollow.

It was great seeing so many COGGERS together.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
Thank you SteveJ for putting this shindig together and also for showing us a bit of excellent FL roads from your place to Sleepy Hollow.

Tom Taylor COG#7173
You're quite welcome. So what did you think of Sleepy Hollow?

BTW, the steak dinner on Saturdays is quite a bit better than yesterday's meal. They have cut back on the Sunday meal quite a bit, in addition to raising the price to a whole $6. ;)

Still a good time, though. Lotsa new faces for my poor old sixty year old brain to put names to.

SteveJ. said:
mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173

BTW, the steak dinner on Saturdays is quite a bit better than yesterday's meal. They have cut back on the Sunday meal quite a bit, in addition to raising the price to a whole $6. ;)

Still a good time, though. Lotsa new faces for my poor old sixty year old brain to put names to.
Remind me who you are??? didnt see a name tag :nananana:

devilboy said:
SteveJ. said:
mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Name Tags?  In Florida?  How many "Steve" name tags do you need?

I'll give ya a hint though... we were ALL trying to keep up with him!  ;)

They ran out of Steve name tags at the name tag store, they are on indefinite back order.

I'm think there may have been a time or two that things got a bit er...umm spirited, yeah, that's it.

You should have been with us on the return trip. :motonoises: :motonoises:

Vroom vroom.

Mcfly said:
devilboy said:
SteveJ. said:
mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I stayed close  3rd in line...  I still am not used to shifting at 7-8 K RPM  I am used to 6000 RPM redline and belt drive... I need more practice and some more sleep...... ;D

SteveJ. said:

Vroom vroom.

There was a lonely Motorcycle Policeman on the side of the road on the way out, I
hope nobody was forced to stop and keep him company... We could hardly see him.

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:

Vroom vroom.

There was a lonely Motorcycle Policeman on the side of the road on the way out, I
hope nobody was forced to stop and keep him company... We could hardly see him.
Nope I missed him. I followed my GPS home and it told me 2 hrs...  I was home in about 90 mins  (angel)

That fricken cop was right in front of us most of the way out!  :'( Kinda put the brakes on our fun, oh well! Thanks again SteveJ for a really fun ride.  :)

I felt very comfortable at SteveJ's rate of travel..I went a bit  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on one turn that he signalled after he made the turn :rotflmao:
no damage done.. I have had a bunch of practice on the roads of N Georgia, Tenn, NC  etc... I am not mentally dialed in to the Concours yet..
I am far from the fastest out there but  I Can hold my own( if GF is out of town :nananana:) I would love to organize a ride down in my area
Polk, osceola& parts south. etc... we have a couple of awesome fish camps and if we planned it for a saturday night  and everyone wanted to imbibe their favorite beverages I have an empty house and plenty of indoor storage for bikes... can also do  grilled dinner( In NY we call that  Bar-B-Cue)  I am  sure some of you are familiar with Solomons Castle in ONO, FL about 100 miles from me...
I am volunteering the space ...  local leadership is welcome to contact me if  you are interested.....

devilboy said:
I felt very comfortable at SteveJ's rate of travel..I went a bit  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on one turn that he signalled after he made the turn :rotflmao:
no damage done.. I have had a bunch of practice on the roads of N Georgia, Tenn, NC  etc... I am not mentally dialed in to the Concours yet..
I am far from the fastest out there but  I Can hold my own( if GF is out of town :nananana:) I would love to organize a ride down in my area
Polk, osceola& parts south. etc... we have a couple of awesome fish camps and if we planned it for a saturday night  and everyone wanted to imbibe their favorite beverages I have an empty house and plenty of indoor storage for bikes... can also do  grilled dinner( In NY we call that  Bar-B-Cue)  I am  sure some of you are familiar with Solomons Castle in ONO, FL about 100 miles from me...
I am volunteering the space ...  local leadership is welcome to contact me if  you are interested.....
Sorry 'bout that late turn signal, that road always sneaks up on me.

PM re: Solomon's on it's way shortly.

SteveJ. said:
devilboy said:
Sorry 'bout that late turn signal, that road always sneaks up on me.

PM re: Solomon's on it's way shortly.
[/quote
Looking for a date for this overnight event... details and more to follow....... :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Steve J, thanks for a fun ride to a nice place.  (even if I was a little early)  Great seeing some old friends and meeting new people.  As for that cop, I saw him as he was gong by the restaurant so I waited a while before I left.  Not long enough though, but luckily I saw him before he saw me.  He did fall in behind me for a while but either gave-up or maybe he was called by the aroma of fresh donuts.  :rotflmao:

Thanks again Steve J.