• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid Flowriduh RTE, Sleepy Hollow, Floral City, 7/14/12

SteveJ

I'm a bit late on posting this up, sorry. It's time to get out and enjoy our mellow summer weather.

Come and (sw)eat at:

Sleepy Hollow
10333 E. Gobbler Dr.
Floral City, FL. 34436
(352) 726-3242

http://www.wallowatthehollow.com/

Saturday, July 14th, 10am.

This place does about the best job I've ever seen of handling groups. Good, cheapfrugal $5 complete breakfast, on one of the twistyest roads in central Flowrida. Airboats coming and going, outdoor band, trinket vendors, eating breakkie outside under the live oaks. What's not to like?

CASH ONLY

IMG00091.jpg

Folks wishing to stop by our place for coffee before the festivities should plan on showing up at 7:30 or so, and leaving here at about 8:15.

Addy: 6six9 Woodview Dr.
          Tavares, FL. 32778

An RSVP is appreciated, both for the breakkie and/or for Margie's coffee at our place.

Thanx folks, from your neighborhood aad.

vroom vroom

Jo said:
Oh darn it! I'm going to miss this again...and here I have the day off from work!
:38:

:s_hi:
Well Jo, you do have plenty of time to hop on that there purty blue bike and git yersef over here. When's the last time you've seen a real live  airboat?

Joni and I will plan to be there.  Is Al bringing his date again in the airboat? :nananana:

Dang.....I wanna go, but it ain't gonna happen :truce:

Is this Al's lovely date to which you refer??? She was hangin around last time I was there with Steve and Steve ;)

Attachments

• blowup.JPG
    blowup.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 176
She's a looker, no doubt.

I was looking for that or a similar image for the opening post,  thanks for posting it up. I wonder if she has a friend...

Thanks for getting the gang together in FL. Unfortunately I can't make this RTE but what a great place to eat at. I go at least once a month.

Ya, that's her, but I hear that Al used the wrong end of his cigar on her and she flew the coop  :beerchug: I'm in for the ride.........Steve

Steve,
I'll put in for the day off, not too promising though... 
I could use the change of scenery... Beaches, girls in Bikinis,
Y'all know there's more to life, right?

Alrighty then, I've been a bit busy lately. Reid and Joni, cool

Snake, I got ya

Marty, good luck

Coach T and 2fast, yer missing out big time on the future budding romance of our illustrious A.D.(d). >:D

Hi Al. :))

SteveJ. said:

Snake, I got ya

Marty, good luck

Coach T and 2fast, yer missing out big time on the future budding romance of our illustrious A.D.(d). >:D

No need to blow this up any bigger than it already is, Steve...

Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

Snake, I got ya

Marty, good luck

No need to blow this up any bigger than it already is, Steve...
too funny

I'm lovin' all the chat.  There's no good reason that I can't make this, unless you take into consideration the long ride I have. The king of RTE's does it again. Look forward to seeing all you knuckleheads again. Thanks Steve.    Al

IronButtAl said:
I'm lovin' all the chat.  There's no good reason that I can't make this, unless you take into consideration the long ride I have. The king of RTE's does it again. Look forward to seeing all you knuckleheads again. Thanks Steve.    Al
Cool. I'll go ahead and call 'em up for ya and see what I can do about getting your "woman" to appear. >:D >:D ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sounds like the kind of ride I'm gonna wanna do on a borrowed bike. Maybe I'll buzz up on Daytona mike's klr and let you guys see val kilmer's signatature oooooohhhhhh aaaaaaahhhhhhh :rotflmao:  Steve

Boss thinks I can have that day off... I'll know for sure Weds...

That'll be a HOT ride back, but a nice kinda hot ride there...  :-[

Mcfly said:
Boss thinks I can have that day off... I'll know for sure Weds...

That'll be a HOT ride back, but a nice kinda hot ride there...  :-[
Good deal.

With a little luck, you'll catch a sun shower on the way home and cool off.

Should be in for this. Bike is back together and feeling 100%. And I'm not on call!!! Whoot! :)

Mike

Probably the "here" part. Should be at your place at the appointed time, maybe with a passenger! :08:

Mike

Bugnut said:
Probably the "here" part. Should be at your place at the appointed time, maybe with a passenger! :08:

Mike
Mike, is she anything like Al's girl? If so you better strap her down....see ya there with my new 14... Steve

I miss you guys.. :051bye: already! At least I am with you in weather :) In fact, it may be hotter and more humid up here than it is down there right now. I am talking miserable, freakin excessive heat :'(  Sh*t like this makes me wish for winter! (Nah, not really). 
:rotflmao:

2Fast said:
I miss you guys.. :051bye: already! At least I am with you in weather :) In fact, it may be hotter and more humid up here than it is down there right now. I am talking miserable, freakin excessive heat :'(  Sh*t like this makes me wish for winter! (Nah, not really). 
:rotflmao:
Folks up north that I know are being reminded on a regular basis(by me >:D >:D ) that you have to go to Floriduh to escape the summer heat.
Hey, who'd a thunk it.

Have fun OTP, maybe a temperature break?

Hopefully see you this fall/winter.

I am going to try and make the meet up for Breakfast. I live just north of Tampa so I'll meet ya all there. Name is Jim & Michele Baker, ride a blue 2010 Connie 14.

thanks,

Jim

Southern_rider said:
I am going to try and make the meet up for Breakfast. I live just north of Tampa so I'll meet ya all there. Name is Jim & Michele Baker, ride a blue 2010 Connie 14.

thanks,

Jim
We'll be there.

Sorry .. would have been a nice ride from Crawfordville. But,my son ask me to go to monster mountain motorcross track North of Talladega. First thought .. they still love the old man.. Then was ask to tow the camper!! But my grandson is going ..so... see you all next time.

BBerry said:
Sorry .. would have been a nice ride from Crawfordville. But,my son ask me to go to monster mountain motorcross track North of Talladega. First thought .. they still love the old man.. Then was ask to tow the camper!! But my grandson is going ..so... see you all next time.
I wouldn't be sorry about that. Have yourselves a good ol' time up there.

Later.

I'll be blasting down I-75 from Valdosta early Saturday morning.  Probably leave Valdosta around 7:00AM if anyone from up this far north wants to join up. :great: :motonoises:

Might be pulling along an extra body or two. Guys from work that I've ridden with off and on. Good people, not too crazy, just not on Connies.  :rotflmao:
Mike

Bugnut said:
Might be pulling along an extra body or two. Guys from work that I've ridden with off and on. Good people, not too crazy, just not on Connies.  :rotflmao:
Mike
Cool, thanks for the heads up

reid53 said:
I'll be blasting down I-75 from Valdosta early Saturday morning.  Probably leave Valdosta around 7:00AM if anyone from up this far north wants to join up. :great: :motonoises:
There goes the neighborhood!

With the bike in pieces, and the carbs 200 miles away (albiet in the right direction), it's
not likely I'll be showing up for breakfast :(

Eat hearty lads!

Snake said:
reid53 said:
There goes the neighborhood!

Glad I can help!! >:D :nananana:

Mcfly said:
With the bike in pieces, and the carbs 200 miles away (albiet in the right direction), it's
not likely I'll be showing up for breakfast :(

Eat hearty lads!
No worries, we'll have another soon. Cool venue that you miss, though.

BTW, I would assume your carbbies are already on the way back to ya, knowing how Steve works.

Steve,

Will be heading to Sleepy Hollow, not your place for the meet up. Too many sleepy heads in this little band of brothers to get going and make it to you first. We should be there not long after you arrive, but don't hold up the parade leaving from your place. It's the Ducati people that slow things down!! :rotflmao:

Mike

Shooot forgot to set the alarm!
Guess that I won't make it to Sleepy Hollow after all.
Enjoy the food and scenery.

Be thinking of you when I ride through the
Mt Rainier passes and the temp is a comfy 65 degrees

Jo said:
Shooot forgot to set the alarm!
Guess that I won't make it to Sleepy Hollow after all.
Enjoy the food and scenery.

Be thinking of you when I ride through the
Mt Rainier passes and the temp is a comfy 65 degrees

And we'll be thinking of you in January when it's 70 here and minus?? in the passes out there, or the 34* and rain in the lower elevations.

But no doubt, much better mountain riding out there.

Jo, have fun out there. We miss ya here, truly.

Weather looks good, sh/be in low 80's at breakkie time, dew point around 70-72, 10% rain, increasing to 30% by mid afternoon.

Sure beats the weather up north lately.

Thanks for putting this on Steve.  Had a great time.  Good to see old friends and new ones. It's slowly getting where the C-14s are outnumbering the C-10s.  Love em all.  Nice ride there and back, only 390 miles round trip.  See everyone soon.  Hopefully some at the RTE next weekend to Benton Lee's. (Shameless plug!!) :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Weather looks good, sh/be in low 80's at breakkie time, dew point around 70-72, 10% rain, increasing to 30% by mid afternoon.

Sure beats the weather up north lately.

Yeah.......bite me :'( :nananana: :'(

Hey, Brian. We missed you and Camper Dave! And about the weather, I never thought I'd be happy to be in Florida during the summer! Sheesh!

Good seeing all of you knuckleheads again. Thanks to SteveJ for getting us together once more. We're lucky to have his RTE enthusiasm in the SE.          Al

Eating is good.

And Al, yer welcome. Good to see ya even on a day you had a million things to do. And I know it was a really long ride for ya. ;) ;)

Eddie-FL said:
Hey, Brian. We missed you and Camper Dave! And about the weather, I never thought I'd be happy to be in Florida during the summer! Sheesh!

Doooood. I am sure our hot stuff was directly caused by Ole SteveJ coming up here and spreading "Floriduh" germs around the place. This is just wrong. I plan to retaliate by coming down next winter and makin you guys freeze yer assets off.  ;)

2Fast said:
Eddie-FL said:

Doooood. I am sure our hot stuff was directly caused by Ole SteveJ coming up here and spreading "Floriduh" germs around the place. This is just wrong. I plan to retaliate by coming down next winter and makin you guys freeze yer assets off.  ;)

You mean like way down in the 60's? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I guess I'd best put the fuse back in for the grip heaters and try to find my home made electric shirt.

BTW Brian, Al's date stood him up. Bummer.

SteveJ. said:
2Fast said:
Eddie-FL said:

BTW Brian, Al's date stood him up. Bummer.

Blew him off, eh :nananana: :-\ :rotflmao:

Hey Mike, as usual, nice pics. Thanks.

I noticed the last pic was on the KLR, quite the quantum leap in technology from the 14, eh?

See ya tomorrow a.m.

ttfn.