• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Minnesota to Yellowstone and back

Nice. Looks like a great trip, Joe. Did you happen to run across a group of Goldwing riders in the Beartooth area? A buddy of mine was up there with some of the SF Bay Area GWRRA members about then. He mentioned butt puckering snow over the pass - as he said, "I was out of my comfort zone."  :D

I must have missed them, I saw a few Harleys coming over the other way (north to south) and that was about all - there wasn't a lot of traffic of any kind on the Beartooth that day.  I think the weather over the pass looked a lot scarier that it actually was, the roads were fine, although wet.  In retrospect, it was a lot of fun trying to outride the storm coming in, and even though it caught me anyway, it didn't give me any actual trouble.  It might have helped that I was riding very, very carefully in the corners (of which there were many, of course).

Yellowstone is a superlative destination and worthy of a ride destination. Great pics and journey narrative!

I would recommend a four or five day visit to YNP on a Yellowstone Association field trip.

https://www.yellowstoneassociation.org/

If you are interested in the geology and supervolcano, the Association has a Field Seminar with Dr. Josh Lowenstern, the Scientist in Charge of the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory.

Josh is a superlative teacher and elucidates the supervolcano to the layman and geologist with his field seminar.

29743691873_63ee595f09_b.jpg

This is supreme twisties of the mind!!!!!! Well worth the time and money!

Craig