• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mirror Lifts

Fred H.

Clyde Ransom provided me some mirror lifts for the C14 to do some testing and evaluation of, and I have been using them for several months now. At first I felt like they made the bike look a little odd, but after I rode with them a couple times, I didn't really care how they look, because they work. They not only improve visibility to the rear, but they also provide a wind break for your hands in the colder temps. I have grown pretty attached to them, and I doubt I will ever take them off the bike. I tried a couple different heights, and the ones pictured are 65mm if my memory is correct, and this is the size I like best. I still see just the very top edge of the bag in my mirror, but the rear visibility is no longer blocked by it. It is a definite improvement. Clyde has informed me he is going to start selling them in limited quantities, though I don't know what price he has set on them. Here are some photos of them. I also took some photos on the road so you can get an idea of rear visibility. http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/mirrorlifts
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

Clyde's contact info is: clyder(at)qwest(dot)net He has set the price at $60 plus $4.95 shipping for the early orders. Contact him to arrange payment and order.

Sorry Fred. I don't care how well they work. I don't think the function would outweigh the look. I can't see me adding this particular farkel. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg

I like them, I'm more a function over form type. It might be cool if someone could come up with a plastic filler to bridge the gap between the mirror end and the body. Do the mirrors still turn in if hit? Any issues with vibration shaking the image in the mirror?

You know what it may do is keep some of the wind off your hands. Not all of course, but maybe more towards the outside of the grips. Is it as it looks Fred? Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak

But they look like they would get in the way of the Baker hand wings if you use them. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak

Norm, the folding function of the mirrors is retained. Fred's suggestions help solve the clearance issues. The mirrors are solid, there is no more vibration than the stock mirrors on my bike. My machinist wanted to do a filler/fairing as you suggest, but we have been unable to come up with anything yet on that score. Thanks for your kind words. I'd be happy to take your order and send you a set. :) Bob, The wind protection is a secondary function. The wind on the hands is dramatically reduced, but is not completely eliminated. It doesn't really get cold here in the Phoenix area, but I was able to ride almost all winter using summer gloves with silk liners, down to about 45F. Below that, I switched to winter gloves. Since I don't have the Baker hand wings, I cannot comment on compatibility. Thx for your feedback - they really don't look bad on the bike from the angles you would normally see them from, whether you are on or off the bike. Admittedly, they do look a bit odd from head on at headlight level. Clyde

Thanks Clyde, but I would need you to build me a C-14 to fit them to. How busy is your machinist? LOL Just as a thought for a filler, I see from Freds pics that the rear area toward the rider is really not seen, how about a simple v shaped piece in black plastic to match the material on the mirror that would meet up or at least fill some of the open space in that area between the mirror and the body work. It could attach to the mirror housing with some adhesive maybe? Just a thought.

These are a pretty good idea.  It wouldn't take much to tweak the design a bit.  I can see how they would allow one to see a bit more clearly to the rear w/o the bags blocking the view partway. Sure, they may not be for everyone, but overall, a pretty neat idea.

Holy thread resurrection Batman. The last post was over 42 months ago.  ???

Just to point out, these were meant for the 08-09 C14 with the lower mirrors. Kawasaki lifted the mirrors for the 2010+ C14's.

Cap'n Bob said:

Just to point out, these were meant for the 08-09 C14 with the lower mirrors. Kawasaki lifted the mirrors for the 2010+ C14's.

:rotflmao:

I guess this means I can put my Baker Hand Wings on my 2012 still......

Hahahahaha!  I just now noticed how old the original thread was!  Does this fall under the category "an oldie but a goodie"? :beerchug:

I know its been really really really long but I would like to get one of these
Is it still possible to order ?

I am 5 10', installed handlebar raiser and I feel a lot comfortable riding long distances but grips are blocking the view

I rode like that for a while, but recently had couple of close calls during lane-splitting on my commute
If not this, any other advice ?

I too am interested in purchasing a set of these mirror lifts.  Any idea if they are still available.  I recently purchased a 2009 C14 and this would be a good improvement.

ZG said:
Cap'n Bob said:

fd505517_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

well.... I would guess you would have to follow the path that was outlined, to find out if they are still available.... maybe...?

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
Clyde's contact info is:    clyder(at)qwest(dot)net    He has set the price at $60 plus $4.95 shipping for the early orders. Contact him to arrange payment and order.