• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mirrors

jeff413

Tricycle
Was wondering if anyone has the link ~ thread or advice to correct sagging / dropping mirrors for my '03 Connie ~~ Have searched but to no avail . . Thanks Jeffhttp://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/mboards/images/topicicons/question.gifTextText

There are two different ones right here on this site. Go to home page, pick Tech Pages, tab for C10 86-06 and look under Frame and Body work. Photos[/url]

I had to tighten the mirrors on my '99 back in '00, so my memory is a little faded. However.... If memory serves... there's a small nut (9mm or so) inside the mirror boot that tightens the articulating knuckle. You can either: a) Slice the boot open on the side that faces you, kinda vertically near where it meets the dash/windshield, about an inch long, go in with a combo wrench and tighten the nut, then try and rubber cement the boot closed, or, b) Remove windshield, inner fairing pocket and dashboard top, and the mirror assembly is attached to the fairing with about three nuts/bolts. Pull the mirror off and go inside the boot from the open end with a combo wrench. There may or may not be a cap on the nut inside the boot. I forget. Snug the nut but don't overtighten or you'll never be able to adjust the mirrors again. This is experience talking. I had to do this twice because of that. So how's my ten-year-old memory of this? Scott

I believe it's a 10mm, but your memory aint bad, I had too do this on my 03 as well, around 07 or so, has held up so far, I did not bother to try and seal the slice, hopefully it's not all rusted in there.