• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MN Swan Ride

JS_racer

Street Cruiser
full quote for the add for it, fun times, i have done it several years  :beerchug:

Please join me & others for the 20th (!) Annual MN Swan Ride, a free motorcycle ride to see Arctic Tundra Swans in Alma, WI, on Sunday, November 3rd, 2013. That's right, November! (See http://www.wingsoveralma.org/natureeventsresources/tundraswanwatch.htmlfor more swan info.)

Any & all motorcyclists are welcome to join in the fun.

Ride registration begins @ 8 AM & we'll depart @ 9 AM. The ride begins from Fury Motorcycle, 740 North Concord Avenue, South St. Paul, MN 55075, 651-251-8230, www.furymotorcycle.com . The hard-working staff @ Fury Motorcycle is even providing us a free breakfast to get us started!

The ride is expected to LAST ALL DAY, including 3 stops along the way to warm-up. Lunch will be @ Slippery's in Wabasha, MN, in the upstairs Banquet Room, with a wonderful panoramic view of the Mississippi river, www.slipperys.com . (Lunch costs only $12.00 each, including a non-alcoholic drink & tax.)

This is definitely a ride for the hardy, well-equipped motorcyclist & his or her co-rider. While it's often chilly at the beginning of the ride, it always seems to warm-up enough during the day to make the ride a pleasurable experience. So, put on whatever you wear to keep you warm when you ride your motorcycle & join me & others Sunday, November 3rd, 2013, for what promises to be a wonderful final group ride of the season.

Read about the ride in the archived issue #126 of MN Motorcycle Monthly, Winter 2011, @ www.motorbyte.com

Check out the MN Swan Ride @ www.mnswanride.com . If you have any photos from past Swan Rides that you'd like to share with everyone, please forward them to us @ photos@mnswanridecom .

If you are interested in volunteering to help with the ride, please contact me directly.

I'm working on making the 20th Annual MN Swan Ride more special than usual. Stay tuned for details.

Hope to see you all there. 

Wild Bill  8)

I can't say as I remember hearing about this when I lived up. there. Sounds "cool".

Wifey and I will be podunking around the southeast for the next 8-10 days. We may go north as far as Hot Springs AR, but that is pretty much the limit for the whole north thing. The first two nights are going to be here:

http://www.oldcarrabellehotel.com/lobby.htm

Have fun, y'all.