• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mobile Version

tiggerspeed

Training Wheels
Is there a mobile version of our forums? Much of my time to read this valuable information comes via my Blackberry. I know that ADV and STN have movile versions of their forums, is the same available here?

Excellent question which I cannot answer. I use Opera Mini on my Helio so I just access the regular site. A mobile version would be dang handy though. Hopefully we can get the oracles of the COGMOS on here to answer it.

Hi Tiggerspeed. Sorry to say that a mobile version of the forum is not likely to be coming any time soon. I have not even had any success in getting Memberize to upgrade the current plugin. The iPhone Safari browser renders the current forum reasonably well, but that's because the screen resolution is adequate. What you can do is subscribe to each section, so at leas that way you will get any post by email. Not ideal I know. Best Colin Colin Prior COG IT Director Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767 AMA#1081764 ROK#20000617
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

I am able to browse the site on my Blackberry Bold, but replying to topics is not working. It's a bit of a pain to scroll around, but reading and keeping up to date are achievable.

Good NEWS!

Now we are on the new platform this FORUM is fully supported on Mobile from the iPhone through Android to WAP!

The system is setup to identify the mobile device and modify the SMF Theme to the mobile device you are using!

Go try it out, its pretty cool!

At last COG goes 2.0 LoL  ;D

Brought it up on a Crackberry Tour.  Not exactly usable but could if I was really, really desperate.  'Couse, my teenagers have left the area so maybe it's just me.

Did it try and display the page in the same format you see on a PC Browser or did it use a simplified theme?
The whole idea of the Mobile support is that the Theme toggles depending on the device that requests the page.

If you go to Profile, Account Settings, Layout you can change the Theme to Mobile and you will see what it can look like.

New forum is looking way nicer than the old.  Good job!  Wish it was available on Tapatalk, but hey, can't have EVERYTHING!  Keep up the good work.

Necron99 said:
New forum is looking way nicer than the old.  Good job!  Wish it was available on Tapatalk, but hey, can't have EVERYTHING!  Keep up the good work.

Yes this new forum software is much better. It's much more user friendly!

colinp386 said:
Did it try and display the page in the same format you see on a PC Browser or did it use a simplified theme?
The whole idea of the Mobile support is that the Theme toggles depending on the device that requests the page.

If you go to Profile, Account Settings, Layout you can change the Theme to Mobile and you will see what it can look like.

Looked like the PC browser so I logged on with the Tour, changed the profile to 'curve-mobile' (didn't find a 'mobile' only option) and now can see better (but very small) on the Tour.  However, have mananged to really screw up what I see on my PC.  Don't even have the 'Profile' option anymore on either the Tour or the PC so I can change it back.  If Seinfeld was still on, this would make a really good episode.  Can you swith me back remotely? Found the 'switch at the bottom of the page.

So... is 'curve-mobile' the right choice?

The nice thing about the Mobile theme is you can switch back at any time.
We have a Plug-in that detect the mobile client and switches the theme.
I don't have time to look into what the correct theme is for the Tour right now as I have much cleanup to do.
Sorry  :-[

Feel free to take a look at the Theme on the SimpleMachines.org website