• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motel Reservation at '10 COG National

I just made reservations in the Super 8 Motel in Tomah for 7/11-7/15 for the '10 National. It's just across the road from the Cranberry Lodge (so I can walk to the festivities) and I receive Rewards for staying in certain motels, Super 8 being one. Their price is $66. plus tax for a room with two double beds. I think she said a room with one king bed was $70. plus tax. Interestingly enough, the motels in Tomah have contractual commitments with the government to house military personnel who are at Fort McCoy for deployment training. This Super 8 has a committment to supply up to 50 of its 65 rooms to military personnel, if required. The point is -- if you're planning on staying in a motel at The National in Tomah, plan on making reservations early and cancelling if necessary. Depending on the number of military personnel being trained, motel reservations at that time could be very scarse. Ride safe.

Because of the number of military personal present there is an abnormally large quantity of hotel rooms in the neighborhood. I think there are at least 5 within a mile of the Cranberry Lodge (trying to remember back to our tour of the town back when there was snow and cold around here). And there are some tremendous camping opportunities as well. The Cranberry Lodge rooms are a bit more money but with the very spacious accommodations (enough room to set up 1-2 cots in the bathrooms if necessary) including having multiple beds and pull outs as well there ought to be plenty of space to split the room multiple ways. And make sure you smell their hand soap in the public bathrooms, one of the finest scents I've ever smelt.

I booked a 2 room suite for 79.95 a night at the Cranberry Country Lodge. It has 2 queen beds and futon.

The official information is almost ready to be published but for you folks that are chomping at the bit. A substantial block of rooms is reserved at the special pricing mentioned by Brian. If you call to reserve a room be sure to mention you are coming for the COG event 1/3 Rally Master, 2010 National

Thanks, Jeff. Chomp, chomp, chomping here. :) Pat COG 1887 IBA 5830 NRA LIFE VSSA LIFE Assorted bikes own me.

Some nice camping is all I crave. I'll take care of the rest. http://millerized.com/pegs I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g
member8960.png

Some nice camping is all I crave. I'll take care of the rest.
Camp sites are also reserved for us at Camp McCoy campground. It is a little more complicated but details will be posted soon. It is a very nice campground. If you need more information feel free to PM me jkerkow AT mchsi.com 1/3 Rally Master 2010 National