• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motoport Air Mesh jacket

Nybiomed

Hey, I just got one of these jackets, and the fit is good, but I find the armor really awkward- like big, thick sheets of cardboard in the elbows, seems kinda cheap too....anybody find this uncomfortable to the point where they'd just stick in some 3DO level 2 stuff?? The 3DO stuff is about 65% the size, so it could move around a bit. I could probably get used to it everywhere else, tho the pants could benefit too, but the elbow stuff is uncomfortably wierd'ing me out. Maybe I just need to ride in it for a few days/weeks...

You're not wrong.

Kinda feels like the stuff in my 7th grade Football Kit.  :))

D3O is da schit, for sure, but after paying for that Jacket (not that you can send it back now) -- why would you spend THAT much more $$$ to change out the armor??

That, and you won't be able to find D3O for all of the positions that the Motorport offers, and it likely won't sit in the pockets the same due to different sizing of the individual pads.

My vote is, keep wearing it- you'll get used to it.  :great:

I didn’t pay full price, I only paid $390 for the set off EBay...and used another $60 in Ebucks I had. We must’ve been pretty darn close in size, BC the fit is very, very good, besides I have a crap load of 3DO armor among several other jackets. I wasn’t planning on swapping out all the armor, just the most annoying ones- like the elbows, that I have done. It does swim around a bit, but I can hardly feel it’s there, making it much more natural feeling...I just have to devise a way to secure it from moving down my forearm. There does seem to be lots of better armor available on the market than what Motoport uses, and for the amount of money these things cost new ($1500 and more with liners)- I kinda feel they could do much better here. Other than the armor, they certainly put out a great product.

Hi,
      Never heard that complaint before??? :eek:

Attachments

• 3f87108071fe3a33e8fa7c45835dc10f.jpg
    3f87108071fe3a33e8fa7c45835dc10f.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 136
^^ Really? The Motoport armour is super large and stiff, tho lightweight and dual density....still, there's several manufacturers that seem to do it much better....definitely only level 1 too.

NYbiomed said:
^^ Really? The Motoport armour is super large and stiff, tho lightweight and dual density....still, there's several manufacturers that seem to do it much better....definitely only level 1 too.

Hi,
      Well this is America (or used to be!) and....

If I've got to skid down I-95, I'll keep my Motoport over ANYTHING made on this Planet...

But we all have that choice! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• 24899692_1685431178145154_7969147348901780108_n.jpg
    24899692_1685431178145154_7969147348901780108_n.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 127