• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mounted Dunlop roadsmart II ....

ddub

Training Wheels
Just mounted up the new roadsmart II yesterday , have  about 60 miles on them , sofar I like them alot . I went with these cause I haven't seen much talk about them , Dunlops worked well on my wings so I figured I'd try em .

ddub said:
Just mounted up the new roadsmart II yesterday , have  about 60 miles on them , sofar I like them alot . I went with these cause I haven't seen much talk about them , Dunlops worked well on my wings so I figured I'd try em .

DDub, I always liked the original Roadsmart on smaller bikes, btu never tried one on a c14.  How does the Version 2 compare to a PR2, if you've tried those.  Hopefully well as I have a friend who is quite high up at Dunlop. 

There had been mixed reviews on the original Roadsmart. Some liked them a lot, some not as much. But I have so far only heard positive about the Roadsmart II. Although input has been limited up to this point. So I for one would appreciate your thoughts as time and miles go on.  :great:

I've never seen a Dunlop Sport Touring tire I liked. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but every previous Dunlop tire I've used has had VERY poor traction in the wet, and not a whole lot better in the dry. I had an old D205 almost put me down in a wet corner on my last C10, and I had similar poor experiences with the D250 on the Wing. The Roadsmarts may be a good tire, but I'll never find out, because I'm done putting Dunlops on my bikes.

Well I have just over a hundred miles on them right now , city and flat land riding here  ::) sofar they are much better than the stock bridgestones (not saying much) maybe next weekend I can put a few hundred miles on at one time with some nice curves thrown in  :) right now I really like the way they feel and look forward to the next ride !

I gave two sets of the original Roadsmart's a try & did not like them. Lousy grip (wet or dry) & even worse ware pattern. Mileage was 4400 & 4800 worn slick. Even when I don't like one set of tires I'll always give them a second try just for the benefit of any doubt.

I didn't like the PR2's either but I like the 3's after one set. So I may get proved wrong!

Cliff  :beerchug:

I put one on the back of my 08. Have about 3k on it now and it's seems to be wearing better than the BT-023 I had on before it. More importantly I had a front put on a while later then rode the Tail of the Dragon and the Moonshiners 28. Spent some time in the wet on 28 on the way back and over all I'm very pleased. I've attached a pic to see my riding style on the Dragon.

Attachments

• TW riding2.jpg
    TW riding2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 116
Just got a new set of Roadsmart IIs on my C14.  The difference in steering feel was immediate and much less effort to initiate a turn as compared to the OEM tires.  I just finished a 1500 mile tour which included lots of twisty roads and a real gully washer storm and the tires performed flawlessly.  Can't really say much about the wear yet although they show no real wear after 1500 + miles.  Very happy with them so far.