• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MSF Courses on ITunes University

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
A while back I heard the MSF was making a lot of its training material available on iTunes University. Today I took the the time to review the available offerings. I didn't look at everything, mainly just the available short videos. Here are my impressions:

An Adventure in Motorcycle Physics
There was some really good information in this course, though some of the technical physics explanation was a bit over my head. My biggest criticism with this course is that the course numbering is way off, and there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the series. Also, many videos kept replaying the same 2 or 3 videos, even though they were titled differently.

Dr. Ray's Street Strategies
Most of this is made up of single sheet PDF documents covering a wide variety of street riding issues. I didn't have the time to read the 40+ documents, so I just watched the 6 or 7 available videos. Some were good, some were just a few seconds long without any narration. I may go back to this one someday to read through the documents; there's probably some decent information there.

Dr. Ray's Guide to Group Riding
This was, in my opinion, the best of the bunch. Though it was a little hard to watch, since I'm sitting home sick instead of taking part in the WI/IL Mini-Rally today  :(  . There was lots of great information and reminders about group riding -- anyone organizing a ride should watch this course well in advance of the ride day.

Dr. Ray's Seasoned Rider
By "seasoned", we mean old. I'm not quite there yet, but I watched the available videos on this one too. Mainly, it's directed at senior citizens. Still some good information, like discussions about how eyesight changes as we hit our 40s and 50s.