• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

murph's dual-beam headlight........HID conversion???

I think we just recently had a thread here about this.  Other than the fact that HIDs don't like to be switched on and off - it shortens the life, and they don't achieve full brightness for a couple of seconds.  If I got my hands on a dual headlight setup, I'd probably look into converting it to LEDs.  But I'm an LED junkie now - every bulb, including the headlight, on my bike is now LED.  (Well, as soon as I get around to replacing the license plate light)

I had one, and actually fitted the low beam to HID but it honestly didn't give me as much coverage as the stock bulb converted to hid. I haven't messed with LED yet.

I am currently running one. Definitely a improvement over the OEM set up. I was riding with a friend here in the Texas hill country when his HID set up failed. The advantage is we popped a regular H4 bulb in and off he went. The distinct advantage to the Murph's is high beam spread on curves. I bought mine used and feel like it was money well spent.

Yes, I tried a DDM H9 HID for my dual light  a couple of years ago.

The bulb though did not match up with the reflector very well and it had less light output due to that.  Also had a brief time that it was off when switching between high and low.

Haven't tried any LED's yet. That will be nect.