• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My first!!!

acisroc

Sport Tourer
              I discovered that their is a Cycle Gear  20 minutes from my house and I rode over there to get my first Mesh riding jacket. What a difference it makes in the summer. I did not know that they worked so well. I picked up a Bilt jacket with full liner for $89.00 and I bought an extra back protector and added it to the stock foam piece.
        Wow what a nice surprise it is like turning on the AC in the cage. Now I can ride comfortably, only wish I would have gotten one years ago. :beerchug:

Mesh is cool, literally very cool  :great:  :great:  :great:

Congrats.

I got my mesh Kawasaki GA jacket out last night as I did not want to lock the Motoport up where I was headed . Noted that even that mesh was warmer than the Motoport. Kind of liked that as it was under 70 degrees and I find myself finding heavier shirts to wear with the Kevlar mesh with anything under 65 to 70 degrees

Glad to see you smart enough to wear something. Too many guys out there with a tshirt riding when it is "too hot to wear gear"

Wear my mesh year round thanks to rain liners and a Gerbing when the cold really hits.

Had a guy at a rest stop ask me if I was crazy the other day bc I was taking a break, stretching and hadn't taken off my jacket. Told him I was cooler with it on. It was keeping the sun off lol

:beerchug:

ACISROC said:
              I discovered that their is a Cycle Gear  20 minutes from my house and I rode over there to get my first Mesh riding jacket. What a difference it makes in the summer. I did not know that they worked so well. I picked up a Bilt jacket with full liner for $89.00 and I bought an extra back protector and added it to the stock foam piece.
        Wow what a nice surprise it is like turning on the AC in the cage. Now I can ride comfortably, only wish I would have gotten one years ago. :beerchug:

Mesh is cool, literally very cool  :great:  :great:  :great:

Add a Biltmore (or any other brand) cooling vest under the mesh and it really will feel like a/c!

Wait til the temps get back into the 60's.

The great thing about mesh with a liner is, you have a three-season riding jacket. When the weather becomes changeable, I keep my liner in a zip baggie in one of the cases, so it's there when needed.

Thud300 said:
Wait til the temps get back into the 60's.

The great thing about mesh with a liner is, you have a three-season riding jacket. When the weather becomes changeable, I keep my liner in a zip baggie in one of the cases, so it's there when needed.

+1 liner in a zip Baggie - mine is a run of the mill rain poncho hoodie - after Aug you will not want to be without something

Or like turbo mad said - you'll be too cool :great:

They had taken the liner out and when I got home I saw that it was long sleeve liner, not like my winter jacket which is a zip in vest only!!
  You guys are cool too :great:  :great:  :great:
  BTW my bike is running great, It really liked the Nationals :)

I finally dug my FirstGear mesh jacket out of closet storage, where it lived for almost 9 years... as I found my Aerostich was better at channeling cool air up the sleeves on the old C10, which blocked all the wind cooling benefits of the mesh... I was really bummed about buying the mesh at the time....
Now, on the C14, I finally see the light, and get the cooling.... sweet,  new 11 year old jacket, glad it fits....heheheh :great: