• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

"My" Mountain Runner Premium Flash Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Member
First off, I'll preface what I'm about to share with you that I'm not typically an aggressive biker, except when passing or on a whim ... let's see what she's got!

I shared this in a phone conversation I had with Steve S (SISF) recently.
-------------
Temp range 61- 91 deg. F w/ 93 octane, 10% ethanol fuel. 250 mile ride on 6/1/2019 on country backroad with small-town stops (75% of time) and 4-lane slab (remaining 25% time)
• Shifting operation was much smoother, up and down gear range
• Super “warp speed” acceleration if/as needed from 3rd , 4th and 5th gears, via an easy flip of the wrist. Wow; way cool!
• Decreased (less) deceleration popping from my Two Brother slip-on exhaust
• I couldn’t tell any appreciable differences, over stock (i.e., no flash), in the lowest gears (1 or 2), whether I eased off or whether I gunned it. Maybe it’s because the bike is begging for an almost immediate up-shift, from 1 or 2, before it’s ready to turn “beastly”. You tell me if I should have let’er rip even in 2nd gear.

Do I recommend this flash; YOU BETCHA!!!


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top