• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

National Camping Experience

IronButtAl

Hope all of the campers had a good time......I did. Best part of the day for me was meeting at the coffee pot every morning. We eased into the day with a cup of joe and light conversation. The nightly fire was a good time to wind down from the day's ride and enjoy some conversation with fellow COGer's. Ken, Bob and myself enjoyed the last of the wood on Friday night, and I guess we burned about a 1/2 cord during the rally. Some nights we had as many as 25+ sitting around the blaze. Hope ya'll enjoyed the discount when checking out. That made the camping pretty economical.

Al, thanks for being the campground host. An excellent job as always! It was good seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. Eddie Sanford, FL 2005 Concours 1969 Triumph Bonneville AMA# 686667 COG# 7073 CDA# 0136 http://picasaweb.google.com/Eddie753

What discount? Fontana charged me the full price for every night. But at any rate Al, you did a great job, your dedication to us campers was evident in spades and we had a great time thanks in very large part to you! Next time, set up the danged coffee pot a little farther from my tent, would you? 0630 every morning, buncha raving caffeine-craving lunatics talking oil, tires and sissy bars outside my zipper door at full volume..... ...wouldn't have it any other way!

I had great time camping. This was longest time a have spent camping in a tent in my life. Thanks Al and all the other friendly campers. See ya all in Tomah

Al, Thanks again for everything you did for all of us campers. I had a great time. It was great too see all of the fellow campers I've met over the last few years. It's like coming home to a different location each time. I think my gear is even dry by now. I thought the facilities we great. Sure it would have been nice for another shower and toilet, but the wait to use them was not very long. Everyone was cooperative and friendly. No bad eggs in the group. The camping facilities were a lot cleaner than the motel I stayed at in Richmond , IL. That's another story. See you next year in Tomah, WI. "Follow the Alphabet Roads" Jim Barron 01 Concours "Bluto" 04 CBR 600F4i 86 Conocurs - currently resting

Jen, I hate the fact that they maintained their inconsistancy right up to the bitter end. Working with the management wasn't the easiest thing that I've done in my life. Many campers that I talked to were charged $15.00 per night....including myself, Six bucks here, six bucks there, it made a difference in my travel budget. The facility plays checkers with their employees, which leads to little communication. Wish you could have seen the look on the three ladies faces at my Friday PM check in. Nice gals, but no light came on while I made the pitch for what was going on with our group. Anyway, hope to see all of you again at WRRR/Iron Horse when I get back from the Great White North, assuming a bear doesn't eat me up.

Well, the resort charged me $18.06/night. I guess that's what I get for reserving a site. None the less, I had a great time. Thanks for the coffee and the evening fire, Al. YOU DA MAN! Also thanks to everyone in the campground. Probably the most courteous group I've ever camped with.

Woohoo! I just called Fontana and pitched a (very mild and polite) fit and they refunded the difference on my credit card to make it $15/night! That's about 2 tanks of gas, no small bit for me! They just earned my future business and recommendation for non-campers and non-bikers. But if it's just me, I still prefer Kickstand a few miles back down 28, that lady who runs it is just real good people. I'd happily camp at Fontana's campground again, but I'd always rather camp with other riders.

Al: A simple "Thank You" is not enough, so how about a big "THANK YOU" for a job done with Excellence! I regret that I only got down to the campground one time and that was for Ken's dinner. One thing for sure, if I ever think of doing something like this again, shoot me. :) Quite honestly though, Cindy and I had a good time even though I was a lot busier that I expected to be and your efforts contributed greatly to me not having one more item to deal with. Thanks again. Now for the $64,000.00 question, did you get to go fishing? :) tcars, John

John's become an adrenaline junkie and get's his fix by fielding strange questions and maxing his COG work time while minimumizing his sleep time. It takes all types to run the show, and we're glad he is what he is. Actually did hear at some point that he has other interests, but we've all figured that was a screen.

Jenn and Al, No screen, I may end up with an 8 to 5 job, 5 days a week, and 52 weeks a year. That will be different! Damn, a lot different, I'm retired. :-0 But the local Chamber of Commerce turned my name in for a position and I did submit a resume for it. If I get it, well I'll see if I can make the needed changes and improve things here. If not, well then I still need to find something to do. You know I don't do well with nothing to do and there isn't anything worth watching on TV. So we will see what happens in the next month. Now for the last two days, I've made rides to the adjoining community. Yesterday the temp hit 100 on the way home. Today it hit 99???? Where is that transition time? We went from comfortably cool to HELL. Can we turn the calendar back to Shiftin n Grinnin, I still want to get on that lake. Damn, it might be nice in all this heat. OK, if I don't land that job, I think I just developed a plan for a weekend. Camping gear is ready to go now and there is still a set of skis and jump vest in the shop. We'll just have to wait and see. tcars John