• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC - MN Tech Session

LSGiant

Gary Hasert will be hosting a Tech Session at his place in Bloomington, MN on March 21st.

Gary has a tire changer, lift, and nicely equipped shop.  Please plan to bring your bike and get it ready for the riding season. Previous projects have included all types of brake repair, C10 valve adjustment, electrical accessory installation, wheel bearing replacement, C14 plastic replacement, tire replacement and balancing, and many more. There will be attendees there who have experience with repairs on both the C14 and C10.

If you need to have your bike transported to Gary's please contact Jeff Kerkow.

A main dish will be provided, please bring a dish to pass and your own beverages.

This is the link to register http://tinyurl.com/ljkq574

I plan to set the sag on my C14 and bleed/flush the brakes and clutch. There was a lot of interest at the national in getting the sag set properly. Anything else folks would like to see either C10 or C14 related ?

If I'm in town I'll be there!  Very tentative plans for warmer weather destination  ;)

LSGiant said:
I plan to set the sag on my C14 and bleed/flush the brakes and clutch. There was a lot of interest at the national in getting the sag set properly. Anything else folks would like to see either C10 or C14 related ?

Jeff,
I have a mite-vac if you need me to bring it.

Tom, is there a specific MiteVac that you have?have you tried others  that you like better than another? What's its model description or part # ?

Andrew

Thank so much to Gary for hosting our Tech Session. It was great to see everyone and get a little work done on the bike.

... and now we return to our regularly scheduled winter.    :mad:

Over 8" of snow fell here in SE MN.  Roads have all been heavily sanded & salted again.  Concours becomes a garage fixture again for a few weeks... at least.

Ratherberiding said:
Tom, is there a specific MiteVac that you have?have you tried others  that you like better than another? What's its model description or part # ?

Andrew

Thread Hijack..... Andrew I have had a couple of these similar to the MV-8000 shown here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XMitey+vac+brake+bleeder.TRS0&_nkw=Mitey+vac+brake+bleeder&ghostText=&_sacat=0
They work great for bleeding brakes and clutches and also applying vacuum to petcocks etc.

Thanks Gary for hosting a great COG event!