• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC RTE Ideas

Sport rider

Iron Butt
Thinking of planning a RTE sometime soon, perhaps to Lexington to have a BBQ lunch.  Is there any interest or does anyone have any alternative ideas?  It's been too long since we've gotten together.  :great:

Dave, go get em. Bet you'll hear from the Pope soon. If you get it together, please let me know how I can support this effort.        Al                                       

Sport Rider and Pope,

I'M BACK!!!!

Will be picking up a new-to-me 2002 C-10 this weekend. Bike is in great condition and I'll be ready to get back into the COG agenda.
Really missed my old 00 but this ride should be as good or better. Let the riding begin!

Buzz

Hey Buzz!  glad you're back in a connie saddle!

Pope and I are thinking of August 17th.  I was thinking of Lexington BBQ, but I'm open to ideas.

Yes BUZZ!!!! I was wanting to contact yo about this RTE and invite you and the boss. Glad that you're back!

Sport Rider contacted me a day or so ago about this and I thought it was a great idea. We've bounced off some ideas, but we'd like to hear from others.

Whats been suggested so far as an eating place:
Smiley's Lexington BBQ.

So what does the NC Coger's say? Any other locations?

I'm wanting to contact the possible locations this week to check on availability, so give me some locations!

Pope and Sport Rider,
Thanks for the welcome back. Look forward to enjoying the C-10 and joining in on upcoming COG events. I've already set time off to attend next years national rally.
The new Connie is not yet in the garage but hoping the planned Saturday pick up stays on schedule. I'd like to get her fully checked out and serviced before putting any serious miles on her.
The Aug 17 th date could be do-able for me should I get everything accomplished and not find any problems.
Just as a suggestion, take a look at this BBQ place, I've there there several times and the food is excellant. As they say, a little off the beaten path but well worth the trip. COOKS BBQ http://www.cooksbbq.com/
I'll keep in touch with you NC guys.

Buzz

Sport Rider said:
Yep.  I mentioned that one to Pope for our next NC/SC get-together.

A RTE there would be close for us though.  ;)

Close for some, but further for others. I have no issues riding 4 hours oneway on a Saturday for a RTE, but others might.

I'd like to here suggestions for more RTE's and/or wrenching sessions in different areas of the state. So if someone wants to do one in the mountans or near the coast, let me know and help me to make it happen.

Now back to the current RTE conversation.

The Pope said:
So far, we have three places that have been suggested.

Smiley's
http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_pages/smileys_large.html

Lexington BBQ
http://www.lexbbq.com/

COOKS BBQ
http://www.cooksbbq.com/
..... any more suggestions?

I would love an excuse to get out and ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. Next to the Dragon's Tail, I hear that is a GREAT ride. Anyone know of any good places to RTE on that route?

Hmmm. Only about 200 miles from home. :)  Eat some good "Q".  :)  Have to see Pope and Sport Rider  ??? Every "silver lining" has a cloud, I guess. :rotflmao: :great:  I'll put it on the calendar but can make no promises; gonna be getting all my ducks in a row to go to the National (departing a couple of weeks after this RTE).

My official COG membership hasn't been posted yet, but me and the wife will be there.
Not sure how we are going to arrive, Maybe the connie if I get it put back together, the HD or the cage. Regardless we'll enjoy some good Q and get to see old friends again.

buzz said:
My official COG membership hasn't been posted yet, but me and the wife will be there.
Not sure how we are going to arrive, Maybe the connie if I get it put back together, the HD or the cage. Regardless we'll enjoy some good Q and get to see old friends again.

It doesn't matter how you get there, so come on out with whichever mode of transportation you have available.

Ranger Jim said:
Hmmm. Only about 200 miles from home. :)  Eat some good "Q".  :)  Have to see Pope and Sport Rider  ??? Every "silver lining" has a cloud, I guess. :rotflmao: :great:  I'll put it on the calendar but can make no promises; gonna be getting all my ducks in a row to go to the National (departing a couple of weeks after this RTE).
Sport Rider said:
Hey....I resemble that remark.  ::)

:nananana:

Me Too!!!!  :-\  :D  :nananana:

I will miss this one. Bike will be in various stages of disassembly. LAAM will have my seat and will be doing some pre-trip prep as I am leaving the following weekend for MI.

Have a blast guys. See you at the next one...

JeffP said:
I will miss this one. Bike will be in various stages of disassembly. LAAM will have my seat and will be doing some pre-trip prep as I am leaving the following weekend for MI.

Have a blast guys. See you at the next one...

If you have any suggestions for the next RTE, post them please.

Blaise is on a Tuesday through Saturday work schedule unfortunately. We REALLY want to start making some rides with the SE group. I know Sundays are usually family days but if anyone want to do a Sunday meet-n-greet or something like that we'd be in!

Well I took the day off and we DID make it and had a great time. The 3 bikes that showed up for 7 people got a little soggy, but the food and the company were well worth it! Great to meet a few COGgers as we are new to the SE area and hope to meet many more and see the ones we have met with some regularity. Home now, safe sound and dry, Thanks Pope for organazing a great RTE, we hope to attend many more!