• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC (WI, MN, IA, IL) - Weekend Ride to Savanna/Galena, Illinois

ManWorkingHere

Before you 'Hunt' in October, let's do Lunch!

It's early September and the riding season in the northern states will soon be winding down - so plan on joining us on this weekend ride to the historic towns of Savanna and Galena in northwestern Illinois.

As usual, we’ll try to join up with our Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois friends as we ride through southwestern Wisconsin, cross the Mississippi at Prairie du Chien, and head south on the Iowa side before crossing back to spend the night in the Clinton, IA area.

I plan to head west from the Delafield area from the Dave McClurg Traditional Takeoff spot at the MacDonald's there.

See the event calendar for trip route options and to register your name there.  I would like to plan for others to ride along but you can make your own routes to meet for Lunch at the Winneshiek Marina on County Hwy K just north of Prairie du Chien.

See you there and ride safe!

Matt, a.k.a. ManWorkingHere

The weather looks perfect all weekend.  Nice pick. 

I plan to join the group for lunch on Saturday then head back towards home. 

Attachments

• At The Winneshiek.jpg
    At The Winneshiek.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 88