• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE Spring Tech Day & Swap, Saturday April 26th

Pat and Sher in Ma

Please join the Febeloys as we host the 8th annual NE area Tech Day on Saturday April 26th.
Start time is approximately 9:00 am with a lunch break around 1:00 pm and a finish time of
5:00 pm. The event takes place here in Monson, MA @ 507 Old Wales Road.

In the past we have done C10 valve adjustments (bike needs to be dropped off night before)
Oil changes, Brake & clutch fluid changes, Tire changes (drop ship tires directly, $5 tire disposal fee),
Brake pads, Wheel bearings, Steering stem adjustments, Misc. farkle installs on both C10 & C14's.
You need to bring any oils/filters/parts but I/we should have most of the tools available (e-mail to be sure)

If you need to perform any basic service or have a question about a service not listed please e-mail
either Greg Habel or myself for C10 info or if you have a C14 service question e-mail Brian (BDF)
We will check the scheduling and time required to be sure we can fit everyone in and be sure that we
won't have anyone stranded due to unforeseen circumstances. This is all done on a first come first serve
basis, so if you need something done please allow time to get you into the garage and service performed.

Please sign up on the calendar so we have a head count for lunch. We will also have a few tables set up for
you to sell any extra or unused gear or parts so bring them along and mark things with your name and price
so people can find you in the crowd  :great:
Looking forward to a fun filled and informative day with all our COG friends.

Anyone who might need to stay over night and wants a local motel room check out:  :a012:
http://wedgewoodmotel.rylatechnologies.com/
Click on the HOT DEALS in the upper left corner and print the coupon which is valid through 4/30/14
Reserve your room by calling 413-283-4501.

If I've missed anything I'm sure Greg, Tracey, Brian or Andrea will post up and correct me. See you all soon!

:motonoises:  :103:  :49: :campfire:

Outstanding! My favorite day in COG land! And I see we've already started with the jokes- it ends at 5:00 PM ROFLMAO! Sure, 5:00 PM Hawaii time maybe!

Tech day has everything, thrlls (did YOU see where that went?), Chills (it feels like the threads galled and I can't get the bolt back out....) and Spills (what is THAT slipper stuff, anyway?) all topped off with a great lunch and the tech. mascot, Angle. I like the part of the day I think of as the 'collapsing'; this is where Angel just cannot go on anymore and sort of faints.  :rotflmao: A short nap, then she is up and on the move again, searching for the elusive prey known as 'water bottle' which, of course, she is single handedly trying to remove from the entire Earth.  ;D

Is Tracy again the keeper of the schedule for this one? While supervision is not really a word that applies to this function, Tracy does a fantastic job of holding the chaos to a dull roar (again, one of the great attractions of tech. day).

Thanks for having this one guys, it really is a blast for almost all of us (except for those folks who really do not know the answer to the question "Did you see where that came from?").

Brian (Angel's best friend)

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Please join the Febeloys as we host the 7th annual NE area Tech Day on Saturday April 26th.
Start time is approximately 9:00 am with a lunch break around 1:00 pm and a finish time of

<snip>

Brian, I  have to agree with you- this is definitely my favorite COG event of the year!  Yes, I will be the keeper of the schedule and all work in the garage.  I love being able to help out with the garage schedule and handling the "catering" side of things as well.  I have pen and paper ready so bring it on!!  Looking forward to another funpacked day at the Monson COG garage.  Tracey.
:1rij:
BDF said:
Outstanding! My favorite day in COG land! And I see we've already started with the jokes- it ends at 5:00 PM ROFLMAO! Sure, 5:00 PM Hawaii time maybe!

Tech day has everything, thrlls (did YOU see where that went?), Chills (it feels like the threads galled and I can't get the bolt back out....) and Spills (what is THAT slipper stuff, anyway?) all topped off with a great lunch and the tech. mascot, Angle. I like the part of the day I think of as the 'collapsing'; this is where Angel just cannot go on anymore and sort of faints.  :rotflmao: A short nap, then she is up and on the move again, searching for the elusive prey known as 'water bottle' which, of course, she is single handedly trying to remove from the entire Earth.  ;D

Is Tracy again the keeper of the schedule for this one? While supervision is not really a word that applies to this function, Tracy does a fantastic job of holding the chaos to a dull roar (again, one of the great attractions of tech. day).

Thanks for having this one guys, it really is a blast for almost all of us (except for those folks who really do not know the answer to the question "Did you see where that came from?").

Brian (Angel's best friend)

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Please join the Febeloys as we host the 7th annual NE area Tech Day on Saturday April 26th.

<snip>

All signed up. Do not have any work to do on my Connie but would love to help out anyway I can. I can even cook too.  :) just gotta find a hotel in the area if anyone has a suggestion. Can't wait!!  :great:

All signed up too!! Spring can't come soon enough for us in the NE. The weather prognosticators predict a doozy of a storm Wednesday night into Thursday... :mad:

Roger, last year I stayed at the Wedgewood Motel. About 10 minutes away. Very decent place...clean, quiet. Their # is 413-283-4501

Ari,

Thank you for reminding me of the Wedgewood Motel. I went to visit them today to see if I could
work out a deal and they told me about a "Hot Deals" link on the web page. The link will give you a
coupon to print to present at check in, Phone is 413-283-4501 to reserve your room.

Website is: http://wedgewoodmotel.rylatechnologies.com/

Click on the Hot Deals in the upper left corner to go to the coupon page, print it out and save a few bucks.

Hope this helps out anyone who might need to stay over either Friday or Saturday nights.

I've also updated the original posting to include the link to Wedgewood Motel.

Hey, if you want to volunteer, we can use your bike for the example of 'The seven things you should never do' to your C-14.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Roger M. said:
All signed up. Do not have any work to do on my Connie but would love to help out anyway I can. I can even cook too.  :) just gotta find a hotel in the area if anyone has a suggestion. Can't wait!!  :great:

Thanx for the hotel suggestion Ari.  :great: I'll be sure to use the "hot deals" coupon as well Pat' thanx. I think I'll pass on the "what not to do to your bike" part Brian, but thank you for thinking about me.  :rotflmao: can't wait for this event!!

I might just broach the subject of a weekend getaway to my bride and make the trip up.  Lots of time to go yet though but hey ya never know! ;)

We'd be caging but hey someone's gotta make runs to the local hardware store to replace lost bolts and such! :))

Terrynyc said:
I might just broach the subject of a weekend getaway to my bride and make the trip up.  Lots of time to go yet though but hey ya never know! ;)

We'd be caging but hey someone's gotta make runs to the local hardware store to replace lost bolts and such! :))

Caging with a backup driver affords additional opportunities to partake in local beverages!

Don't tease now Terry....  We like Mrs. Terry a lot and I have to say that it is disappointing that she cannot come to more COG events. We (Andrea and I) would love to see you folks make it up to tech. day! There is plenty to offer to to any SO I think and a lot of couples show up for this thing. Lots of fun, general social interaction and some of the best people available anywhere, all gathered into a small huddle for one day.

Let us know what we can do to persuade the lovely woman and we will do it.

Brian

Terrynyc said:

OK Mrs Terry has been consulted and she is conducive to attending.  Its going on the calendar as we speak.  next we check the map!  ;)

Two words: Out! and Standing! :)

It is approx. 180 mi., just over 3 hours (virtually all highway). There are apparently some folks staying overnight after tech. day so that might be an option for you folks if you can stay away from home overnight. ?? We plan on staying over too.

Really looking forward to this one and hope to again come in first in the 'Which bike is Angel's favorite' contest.  :rotflmao:

Brian

Terrynyc said:
OK Mrs Terry has been consulted and she is conducive to attending.  Its going on the calendar as we speak.  next we check the map!  ;)

Well shame on me!  I FINALLY got around to calling for reservations at the Wedgewood and they're full on Friday night. :'(

Time to hit the interwebs for a back up plan!

Prolly all filled up with dem dare Mr. Elkhoof groupies. Or would that be hoofies? I took him to NYC once- you should have seen the people there to meet him.... millions I tells ya'!

:)

Brian

Terrynyc said:
Well shame on me!  I FINALLY got around to calling for reservations at the Wedgewood and they're full on Friday night. :'(

Time to hit the interwebs for a back up plan!

Well ain't that a kick!  Called the wedgewood again to get Saturday night and guess what?  They had a room available for Friday after all!  So looks like we'll be with the rest of you miscreants after all...just arriving a tad later about 9ish barring traffic trouble.  :))

See you there!

Weather permitting (after all this winter has been so great I'm sure the spring will be too) I might try to make this event.  First time ever for me, and with no Connie, there won't be any pressure for me to get there on time.  It would be a good excuse to try out the new(to me) bike! 

PdLt said:
Weather permitting (after all this winter has been so great I'm sure the spring will be too) I might try to make this event.  First time ever for me, and with no Connie, there won't be any pressure for me to get there on time.  It would be a good excuse to try out the new(to me) bike!

Come on down!  Hell I'll be in the cage so I'll be taking most of the heat...LOL  :))

Just be careful you might actually get to like this bunch of hooligans! :great:

Hey Terry, the wife and I are only 90 minutes away but will also be taking the car. BUT the wife promised to bring a nice chocolate dessert  ;)

Just doing some route planning and exploring.  If I have it right, it looks like some of the neighbors to the south could be very rowdy...  Maybe we could bring a Ouija board.  :engel016:

PdLt said:
Just doing some route planning and exploring.  If I have it right, it looks like some of the neighbors to the south could be very rowdy...  Maybe we could bring a Ouija board.  :engel016:

In the past they have been quiet but now with the whole Walking Dead thing; I'm not so sure!

Signed up and ready to ride! Since I am less than 60 miles south, I should be able to get there before dark . . . if I leave early enough in the morning.  :motonoises: 
Haven't seen "COG Dog" since last year! My how time flies when you are stuck inside for the winter.

We are three weeks away and counting down to our annual Tech Day on 4/26. The schedule
is filling up but we probably still have room for a few more things depending on complexity.
If you think you need to perform some basic or not so basic tasks please e-mail myself or
Greg Habel for C10 issues. If you have C14 work you can still contact us but also contact
BDF to see if he/we can squeeze you in.

So far you'll be able to see multiple tire changes, brake & clutch fluid changes, electrical
farkles added and deleted, tpms battery change, trailer hitch install on a C14, plus so much
more...

If you think you want to just come and hang out for the day with some crazy coggers, please
do but don't forget to sign up so we can be sure to have plenty of food and drink for lunch.

Looking forward to seeing you all in three weeks time.  :1rij:

Looks like I'll be attending this event solo. Anyone that is heading up from the tri state area want to ride up together, or as a group, let me know and we can figure out a plan.  :motonoises:

Roger M. said:
Looks like I'll be attending this event solo. Anyone that is heading up from the tri state area want to ride up together, or as a group, let me know and we can figure out a plan.  :motonoises:

Roger.. I might be able to go to this one, I will know for sure by the end of next week
Did you plan on heading west then north or ferry over the sound?

I am signed up and looking forward to coming out again this year, as long as I don't get rained out. Maybe if I am lucky, I'll get the longest distance traveled award again..  :motonoises:
Anyone else traveling from or near northeast PA?

LennyK said:
Roger M. said:

Roger.. I might be able to go to this one, I will know for sure by the end of next week
Did you plan on heading west then north or ferry over the sound?

Haven't made up my mind on the route yet, figured I'd see who else was heading up first. I'm open to anything myself.

Just in the nick of time for Tech Day this year, Pat and I have found a way to remove and re-install the tire pressure sensors on a C-14 with the tire and wheel STILL on the bike. This should speed up the process for those wanting to have their TPS sensor batteries replaced. I just posted a thread about it here if anyone wants to take a look: http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,50597.0.html

So as we say around Monson, MA: 'Bring on your tired, your poor, your huddled masses of sensors flashing low battery warnings yearning to breathe free, fresh and new electrons.'  We'll be ready with clamps and batteries....  ;)

Brian

Sorry to hear that Jeff- it has been a while since we have see you up here. Hey, the good news is that your bike should run as well after tech day as it did the day before now.... :)

Brian

PdLt said:
SUCKS, but I am out.  Work has no mercy...  I should just quit and go on welfare. :'(

I just cancelled my reservation at the Wedgewood for Saturday night.  If someone tried to book and they were full for that night, now is the time to try try again.  Good luck!

I am definitely planning on attending the Fall gathering Brian.  I should be on vacation from work that week so that pesky issue won't be in the way.  Hope to see you there Brian.  Maybe they have some Antiquing stuff in the area... :)

BDF said:
Sorry to hear that Jeff- it has been a while since we have see you up here. Hey, the good news is that your bike should run as well after tech day as it did the day before now.... :)

Brian

PdLt said:
SUCKS, but I am out.  Work has no mercy...  I should just quit and go on welfare. :'(

Absolutely- we will be there baring something serious such as death in the family (Kirby comes to mind). Looking forward to seeing you too Jeff.

Antiquing.... yeah, I am hoping to do some of that in TN at the national. The bigger places around here are absolutely cleaned out of anything desirable and I am afraid this might be the end of the line for a lot of gear. I have a line right now on two Gillettes that are not only my birth year (made in the same year I was) but in the same quarter as well- and you would not believe the prices on them. Rare razor that is not getting any more common of course. And I am seriously considering reaching 'too far' 'cause I do not think they will be more readily available or any cheaper in the coming years.

I just hope Alex is there to go antiquing with. For those of who may have missed the opportunity to go through creaky, old antique stores with a guy named Gigantor..... well, let's just say it has its amusing moments :)

Brian

PdLt said:
I am definitely planning on attending the Fall gathering Brian.  I should be on vacation from work that week so that pesky issue won't be in the way.  Hope to see you there Brian.  Maybe they have some Antiquing stuff in the area... :)

Looks like we have four of us heading up from Long Island. Ari, Kevin, Lenny and myself. Not sure if we are riding around or taking the ferry yet. Anyone else from our area want to join us for the ride, chime in. Can't wait, good times.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Is Chris planning on coming to this thing or are you guys just planning on leaving him in the bathroom.... again?  :rotflmao:

Er, NY, Long Island, RI, CT, MA, northern MA, Canada and who knows where else but we are going to have a serious clash of accents at this thing. Anybody from New Joisey commin'?

Well, we're a week out and the long range forecast is calling for rain :-(  Fortunately the long range forecast is notoriously inaccurate so I am holding out for [not rain]. Then again, if we go in the car it will allow me to bring me scuttle with me so I do not have to shave with cold lather.... like an animal!

I am right now (well, just coming into the house to get the camera) working on tweaking the 'TPS removal on the bike' process.

Looking forward to this- it is always a great time.

Brian

Roger M. said:
Looks like we have four of us heading up from Long Island. Ari, Kevin, Lenny and myself. Not sure if we are riding around or taking the ferry yet. Anyone else from our area want to join us for the ride, chime in. Can't wait, good times.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Chris is out of town on a business trip, i'm going to try and contact him tomorrow. still undecided on ferry or ride around, maybe he'll be the deciding factor.  :beerchug:

Glad to hear he may be coming. Chris is a great guy and he has withstood the true acid test of COGdom :)  (leaving him behind while in the bathroom on a COG ride- and he laughed about it. Now that is COG tough!)

Brian

Roger M. said:
Chris is out of town on a business trip, i'm going to try and contact him tomorrow. still undecided on ferry or ride around, maybe he'll be the deciding factor.  :beerchug:

Getting rolling by 3:45pm tomorrow afternoon in the hopes of missing SOME of the mess.  Should be at the motel by about 9ish I'm guessing with traffic.  Hope to see some folks there and enjoy some parking lot bench racing! :)

BDF said:
Glad to hear he may be coming. Chris is a great guy and he has withstood the true acid test of COGdom :)  (leaving him behind while in the bathroom on a COG ride- and he laughed about it. Now that is COG tough!)

Brian

Roger M. said:

Chris will not be attending as he is still in San Francisco on business. Being we have folks from Brooklyn and Oceanside, we will be riding around and skipping the ferry this time. See you all Saturday.  :great:

FYI for anyone coming from the south and getting off route 84 at exit 70 for route 32.
Route 32 is milled/grooved from the MA/CT state line approx. 4 miles to Wales road, If you
are heading in that direction please use caution.

UPDATE: I also wanted to let everyone know that the two side roads leading to my
house are still HEAVYLY sanded so please be careful when turning off of Wales Rd onto either
Moulton Hill Ext or Old Wales Rd.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and hope the weather forecast makes a
change for the better.  :motonoises:

Four miles of wet milled/grooved Rt-32 should certainly be a wake up call tomorrow.  I might arrive at the tech session needing to do some unplanned work to my ride.  :(

Brian, glad you are working on perfecting the process for replacing the TMS without having to take the wheel off the bike. In the event that the rain is heavy tomorrow, was considering removing the wheel at home and caging it to Tech Day. Do you happen to know the size of the allen socket on the left side of the wheel? This is probably the only tool I don't have to do the job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Bruce (broos)
:beerchug:

Pat and Sher in MA said:
off route 84 at exit 70 for route 32.
Route 32 is milled/grooved from the MA/CT state line approx. 4 miles to Wales road,  :motonoises:

Pat and Sher,

Thanks for the road info.

I believe it is a 14mm hex drive. But you <should> not actually need the correct tool- often times, the axle nut will come right off without the axle ever trying to turn. Even if it does turn, it does not take much effort to hold it back. So if you do not have the correct driver (hey, the right tool is always best but there are times when close enough really is close enough), you can use a wide blade straight- slot screwdriver kinda' sorta' levered into the hex just to hold the axle in place.

So by all means, stop by in a cage with the wheels (might as well destroy.... er, I mean change both batteries at the same time) and we'll swap out the batteries. I believe between myself and Pat we have 20 batteries so we can replace that many.

Brian

broos said:
Brian, glad you are working on perfecting the process for replacing the TMS without having to take the wheel off the bike. In the event that the rain is heavy tomorrow, was considering removing the wheel at home and caging it to Tech Day. Do you happen to know the size of the allen socket on the left side of the wheel? This is probably the only tool I don't have to do the job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Bruce (broos)
:beerchug:

Fantastic idea Roger! Stick those weights randomly on bikes in the parking area and we can charge them $10 each (each wheel, not bike!) to remove that horrible shake! We'll make a fortune....

:rotflmao:

Seriously though, good idea. I have changed the batteries in my flashlights already- it makes me seem less dim than I really am :)

Brian

Roger M. said:
I also have some batteries and 1/4 oz. wheel weights I'm bringing in case anyone needs.

Ah getting ready! Not quite ready and probably won't be ready even during the event but it will have to be close enough. I have the most important thing packed.... a full box of Milkbones:)

I have also set up a SpotWalla page for our trip there and back. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=97bc535a91a3a207b

I was thinking about setting up a SpotWalla location page too but not sure enough people would be interested. Then again, it is not a lot of effort so I think I will if I still have time to do so (it takes a while on the Spotwalla page).

Brian

For anyone wondering, in spite of the weather, Tech Day is indeed still on.  Canopy's are set up, food is cooking, we're expecting to have a great day.
Angel is all set with her COG Bandana too, so let the fun begin.  :)

See you all soon!
Andrea

Well another great Tech Day is in the history books.  Everyone did a great job preventing the rain from dampening things.  It was good to see everyone. 

I got home at 7 PM after riding out of the sunshine just South of Hartford and back into the rain the rest of the way home.  I'm sure glad I didn't let all that sunshine when I left Monson fake me out into taking off my rain boots.  Coupled with riding to MASS in the rain it has been an exhausting day for this old timer. 

Attached are a few photos from today.

Attachments

• COGettes (reduced to 26 pct).jpg
    COGettes (reduced to 26 pct).jpg
    192 KB · Views: 118
  • Stripped C-10 (reduced to 26 pct).jpg
    Stripped C-10 (reduced to 26 pct).jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Pat Mulloy's pride & joy - Kawasaki (GPz) 750 Turbo (cropped & reduced to 27 pct).jpg
    Pat Mulloy's pride & joy - Kawasaki (GPz) 750 Turbo (cropped & reduced to 27 pct).jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 98
Oh man.. What a throw back... I had 2 of those GPZ750's in the past... The turbo and the NA
That turbo was ridiculous.. Loved getting that turbo hit..
Sounded like a nice time today... Oh well,, maybe the next one

Well the 8th annual COG NE area tech day is in the books. The weather was crappy but we had about 40
crazy coggers attend despite the less than great weather. It was a great day of wrenching, bench racing,
food and COG fun. I'd like to pay special thanks to the our co-host team of Greg & Tracey Habel (MA/VT/NH/ME) AAD's,
Brian & Andrea Felice (RI/CT) AAD's, my wonderful wife Sher and of course Angel. This event has turned into a yearly
bright spot for all of us and it's because of the great cog folks who show up to chat, tell stories and help out there
fellow cog members that make it work for everyone. We were able to do all types of bike work including tire changes,
tpms battery replacements, brake work, C10 valve adjustments, electrical work and the list goes on and on.

We put this event on because of the friendships both old and new that have come from this wild and crazy group
of motorcycle enthusiasts so Thank You to everyone that showed up and shared your day with us.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hope to see you all down the road at some of the many upcoming COG events.

Ride safe,
Pat

Thank you Sher and Pat for hosting this get together and wrench fest and for all the volunteers who helped out. It was the first one we finally attended after trying for the past few years. Kudos for those who rode in the 40 degree murky weather. We were in a truck, needed a front tire mounted and Pat and Co. were in a groove changing out tires. The garage was in a controlled chaos with no less than 4 bikes being attended to at a time. I heard this was the first time in eight years that the weather was crumy hope it doesnt get blamed because it was our first time. The food was delish and not being on the bike I could wash it down with some suds was a silver lining to the weather snafu. Good to see familiar faces and new ones. Here's to a good riding season.

Yep, another great tech day! We had a great time as usual and I finally got to see Angel all tired and blinky- eyed. :)  The weather was a bit off but a great day anyway with a terrific group of people.

The TPS sensor battery swap with the titres and wheels on the bike went very, very well. Got the battery swap down pretty well and fairly quick but the part about doing the sensor R&R on the bike went even better than I had hoped. I did one bike that I think took just over an hour, both sensor batteries changed with the wheels on the bike so I believe this is a very viable alternative to removing the wheels from the bike and at least one tire bead from the wheel.

Also got to pull the wheel off a K1200GT BMW with one o' dem crazy one- sided swingarms. After a bit of poking around and figuring out what that spline drive was for (it was not a spline drive but the exposed ABS ring mounted to the hub) and where the ABS sensor was (mounted behind the caliper), it really is a pretty slick and easy to work on system. An interesting and very different approach to mounting a rear wheel, rotor and ABS ring.

Brian

Many thanks to everyone involved with putting this event together, it clearly shows how hard you all worked to make it a success. Thanks to Brian the mechanical maestro of battery senor changing. I hope this new battery works but will have to wait until I return from vaca.
Brian, I never paid you for the battery so whatever it was I will pay up at the next time I see you.
Thanks again everyone.
Bruce            :beerchug:

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather and attended the Tech Session
There are a lot of people that help us out with this event, but I want to give a special "shout out" to the COGettes for helping with all the food prep and keeping everything running smoothly.
Pictures will be posted soon.

No charge Bruce. Last year, I grabbed custom tabbed batteries from Batteries Plus for a little more than $5 each ($10 for both wheels) so we ordered them for people in advanced and actually charged folks just to keep the out of pocket costs down. This year, both Pat and I bought 10 standard tabbed batteries each (20 batteries in all) for around $1 each so it was pretty painless. In the end, they are not much, if any, more work to install than the custom tabbed batteries were anyway so this is the way we will do it in the future. If you want to 'pay' for something, bring Angel a Milkbone or two and we'll call it even :)

Brian

broos said:
Many thanks to everyone involved with putting this event together, it clearly shows how hard you all worked to make it a success. Thanks to Brian the mechanical maestro of battery senor changing. I hope this new battery works but will have to wait until I return from vaca.
Brian, I never paid you for the battery so whatever it was I will pay up at the next time I see you.
Thanks again everyone.

There are photos and I <think> they are OK but I know there is a video out there that will etch its way into your retinas. Really, you won't be able to look away but afterward you won't be able to forget either. Let's just say it involves placing a wheel weight where no wheel weight has ever gone before..... and probably should not have go there in the first place but I just couldn't help myself.    :rotflmao:

Brian

PdLt said:
:TPIWWP:

If there are no pictures posted, it didn't happen.

Had a great time at the shindig and the bride is actually thinking about attending more events in the future.  Thanks to Pat, Sher, Greg, Tracy, Brian and Andrea for putting it together.  These folks put in a full day of garage work and party prep and did a fantastic job.  I think we'll have to melt down that wheel weight after its spelunking adventure though! :))

Thank you so much, Pat, Sher, Greg, Tracey, Brian and Andrea for having the tech session! It is just so worth the trip from NE PA to come out there and see everyone. Thank you for all of the help with my bike, I made it home without a loud exhaust and able to charge my phone the whole way (when it wasn't raining of course).
Hope to see everyone again soon.

Hey Craig you did go,good for you if it was a little closer and I might have been able to make it,hows the old girl running with the pipe fixed?

Brian, finally had a chance to check out the new battery after I got back from vacation. Unfortunately, the unit is still not registering so it appears that the the unit is dead. I'll live with it but thanks again for your efforts.
:'(
Bruce
No charge Bruce. Last year, I grabbed custom tabbed batteries from Batteries Plus for a little more than $5 each ($10 for both wheels) so we ordered them for people in advanced and actually charged folks just to keep the out of pocket costs down. This year, both Pat and I bought 10 standard tabbed batteries each (20 batteries in all) for around $1 each so it was pretty painless. In the end, they are not much, if any, more work to install than the custom tabbed batteries were anyway so this is the way we will do it in the future. If you want to 'pay' for something, bring Angel a Milkbone or two and we'll call it even :)

Brian

broos said:
Thanks again everyone.
[/quote]

Bruce,

Sorry to hear that the tpms isn't working after the battery replacement. I hope Brian checks
into this thread and sees this post and maybe we can figure something out.

Hope to see you soon,
Pat

Well that is too bad. I was not confident in the batteries used last year but these should be good and besides that, two in a row, with both being new, would be unusual. So yep, probably the sensor itself died.

You can get a new one from Kawasaki but they are pretty expensive. The good news is that they have gone to a new brand and manufacturer and it appears that the new type is reliable (used literally in millions of cars). The bad news is that the new sensors are potted (filled with liquid epoxy when manufactured) and changing the batteries in those is going to be much harder to do.

Brian

broos said:
Brian, finally had a chance to check out the new battery after I got back from vacation. Unfortunately, the unit is still not registering so it appears that the the unit is dead. I'll live with it but thanks again for your efforts.
:'(
Bruce