• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NEED A SEAT...

samridesa2011

Big Wheel
Greetings All,

I just took delivery of a 2011 Concours 14 ABS that I bought in Dec. I have it farkled up to my liking (MC-Cruise, modulating headlamp & brake lamp, and a nicer luggage platform) but my last improvement is going to cause an issue. I am having a Russell Day-Long saddle constructed- my build date is at the end of April. I have to send in my seat for the rebuild whcih means that I will be without a bike (no saddle) for about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks.

Anyone out there know of any resources where I could find a saddle that would work for the 3 weeks? I have tried a few motorcycle "junk-yards" on line but no luck. It's too new of a part I guess.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam.  Not sure if you looked but I believe I saw a used seat in the Emporium section of the main site.  Otherwise, eBay can be a could resource too.  Good luck and maybe some guys with an extra will chime in. 

Hi again.  Just jumped over to the Emporium section and there is a post from 1882 and at the time of the post they had both a C14 and ZX14 seat for sale.  Happy hunting....and more importantly I wish you quick shipping so you can get back on the road.

Thanks All. I'm not sure if the '08 would fit the '11?? Trying to do some checking on that, and I'll take a look at the Ebay one as well. Much appreciated. Sam

I have one, where are you located.  I got it with my '10 I just bought.  I want to keep it... because I'd like to get a Russel too - but you can use it.

SAM said:
Greetings All,

I just took delivery of a 2011 Concours 14 ABS that I bought in Dec. I have it farkled up to my liking (MC-Cruise, modulating headlamp & brake lamp, and a nicer luggage platform) but my last improvement is going to cause an issue. I am having a Russell Day-Long saddle constructed- my build date is at the end of April. I have to send in my seat for the rebuild whcih means that I will be without a bike (no saddle) for about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks.

Anyone out there know of any resources where I could find a saddle that would work for the 3 weeks? I have tried a few motorcycle "junk-yards" on line but no luck. It's too new of a part I guess.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Sam