• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

need a tank bag and seat bead set up

nickrides

Hey Gents
Nick Kennedy here in Telluride Colorado.
Bought a 2014 Concours 14 this Monday. What a machine  11,000 miles Black
I need a tank bag, medium size.
And I need the beadrider seat accessory size to fit stock seat
Any help pointing me in the right direction for these farkles would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Greetings Nick;

FYI- I wanted a bead cover for my old V-Strom, but nobody made such. I bought a car variant (@ Pep-Boys if I recall), took a few photos to document the stringing pattern, then disassembled and constructed my own to fit. I used a heavy nylon filament to do the stringing, and it only took me a day to make. My wife and I used that for about a year before I finally scrounged the cash and bought a Corbin for the bike.

Good luck to you.

As for a tank bag, I use a Joe Rocket Manta magnetic tank bag, works perfectly for me. I'm just in Montrose if you would like to have a look at it. These tank bags are offered on eBay.

I have a 2015 and use Kawasaki's tank bag. Not cheap but it is very good.
In fact, I am packing it right now getting ready for a 6 day trip. I open up the expand zipper and it holds a lot. It is very stable.

I made a beaded cover from the ones sold at wallyworld back in the day on the C10.  It was not hard to make out of the $12 ones.  I thought it could look better and so I bought the Bead Rider after a couple years using the chap one.  Bead Rider cost like $40 and failed to keep my butt as cool. 

The trick is to be sure the front edge of the beads wraps lower around the front/side of the seat so the air can get under you.  The bead rider did not and just was not worth it.  I use it on my drum throne now. 

I have not found that the C14 is as bad with heat as the 10 was but if you add a Russel Day Long then there is no reason to have beads any more.  Just cost soooo much but in my case was worth it.