• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Needed : C-10 Riser Tubes

deltafar

Training Wheels
Hello,

I am looking for the fork tube spacers that go in 1.25" handle bar risers.  I have all of the other hardware.  The person that I got my bike from did not use the tubes instead they just ran the fork tubes up through lowering the front end. I have since put the forks back as they should be but I would like to re install the risers.  Just need to tubes, 1.25" or longer I can alway cut them down.

THANKS
David

Okay. As I said, I might be wrong :) On the risers that came with my bike there was no tube. There were held only be the screws and maybe about an 1/8 in the top of the fork tube. It seemed just fine. I don't quite understand though, why would there be tube and how would it attach?

I think...
I think the fork tube does not normally come above the tri clamp at all.  That would leave just the two bolts holding the bars and since they are longer they might twist if you put enough force on the bars.  I think the tubes help strengthen the bar to riser junction so the bolts can not twist as easy.  If someone lowered your bike front end then the fork tube is sticking up past the tree then that would not allow the use of the tubes as they come stock.  It may be strong enough like it is.  This is all from memory so I might be missing the real point of it.

You got it, The tubes add the the structure for the handle bars to hold onto. As it sits the handle bar "clamps" around the fork tube as well as the 2 bolts when in the stock mount.  The risers have a set screw the runs into the fork tube and a second one that goes into the spacer tube.  I just don't trust the bolts only... The tubes are 41mm in diameter and I haven't had any luck finding an acceptable tube to use.  I just didn't want to have to buy the entire thing when I already have most of it, well at least the part that had to be machined.

Don't think some junk fork tubes will work because I think he's needing the short tubes that normally come with the aftermarket risers.  They fit outside the stock fork tubes, over the end that sticks up out of the triple clamp enough to be flush with the OEM bar mount.