• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Never fear, Captain Oversteer is here!!!

Hello all! My name is and I am a returning rider. I have chosen the C10 as my mount, and after lurking here for several weeks, I have chosen you good people to pester! I'm sure I will have some noob questions for ya'. I have recently purchased an '87 C10 for cheap and need to do a few things before it's ready to roll. Massive maintenance and a few hundred miles of "check out" rides to make sure it's road ready sound's like the plan. Back in the day, one of my favorite riding activities was to ride a couple of hundred miles into a neighboring state to see if their ice cream was as good as what I can get here locally. I live in glorious humidity free (Yeah, right!) West Tennessee, and if anybody's close to me, chime in! I feel a need for some Butterscotch Ripple....

Hi Dave! Sounds like you have some good times ahead of you. Have fun with it!! Hmmmm Western TN.... My buddies & I are known to pop up to Memphis from down here in TX when craving pork ribs on a whim. May have to hit ya up next time we make our way that direction. Cheers!

Ribs! I'm in!!! I'm about an hour out of Memphis. when you head this way, let me know. Dang, now I'm hungry.... ;) My screen name comes from way back in the late '70s and early '80s participating in SCCA Autocross. The cars I had back then were old '60s muscle cars so they were over torqued and under suspended. I had to learn to over drive the car and steer it with the throttle to compete with the Euro and Asian stuff. I was somewhat successful, at least I had a lot of fun. I still AutoX only now I use a BMW 325 for when I want to get tail happy and a Saab 9-2X (Re-skinned Subaru WRX) for when I get serious. I'm gonna get T-shirts made! :)