• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Never Thought It Would Be Me: CDA Post

DialedN_13

Bicycle
I'm renovating a house in Fayetteville, NC (40 minutes away).  I went down there last night and spend a good 3 hours doing misc jobs that need to be done.  Drove all the way back up to my house and as I'm getting out of the truck (drizzling rain) I realized that I left the pump plugged in that was draining the pool in Fayetteville.  :mad: We received a bit of rain and I want to keep the pool empty so we can clear the pipes in the bottom sometime soon.

So I don't really have a choice, I have to go back  :-[  Instead of driving the truck back down, I figured I'd go for a ride, even though its a light rain.  Back my bike out of my building/garage into my crushed gravel driveway.  It's completely covered in oak leaves.  And AGAIN, it has been raining.  As I'm transitioning from rolling the bike backwards, clicking it into first gear, locking the bars (turning right) SOMETHING HAPPENED.  I've replayed it 100 times in my mind and I HONESTLY don't know what happened.  It was either my plant foot slipped on the leaves, or the front tire washed out from under me.  But either way.  TIMBER!  I laid her down softly on the nice bed of oak leaves.  It was dark outside, but a cellphone flashlight inspection shows the ONLY noticeable marks are on the right side tailbag, and it's minor.

So anyway, can I get a CDA number so I can get this over with already???  :'(

Damn leaves!  I almost dropped mine the other day just backing up into a parking space.  Foot hit some pine needles (not even many) and my foot did a slide that Pete Rose would have been proud of.  Fortunately, my recovery stomp got solid purchase and I righted the ship. 

Be thankful for your soft landing; these things have a nasty habit of snapping parts off when they land!  :mad: 

I counted my lucky stars, that's for sure.  I still havent done a full daytime inspection (purposely putting it off as I'm afraid of what I might find).

But I did ride the bike 70-75 miles round trip with no issues.