• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New and exciting foot peg suggestions? Will GL1800 work??

benserve88@gmail.com

Street Cruiser
Hey folks,

Any suggestions for pegs out there?  I have tried the zx-9 and the Buell pegs.  I hear Goldwing pegs can fit with a little modification. Which year should I go for?

I'll take any suggestions; just haven't quite found the right one yet.  I was out with the Buell pegs today and my dang foot touched the ground on a turn; the angle on them isn't quite right.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

- Beej

Oh man bump.

I have scoured eBay and it looks like the GL1800 pegs are the right model but they are around $100 for a pair.

Can anyone confirm who has used various sets of pegs that Goldwing GL1800 or otherwise will work?

???

Can you tell us what you want to accomplish?  I know I didn't like how close the pegs are to the shifter or brake lever so I wanted to move them back and down just a little.  I didn't want to give up much cornering clearance as I'm a peg scraper in stock form.  I ended up using some C14 pegs which are smaller in size when compared to the C10 pegs.  Then I made a lowering block to use with them and have been very happy so far.  Mark

Sparkie said:
Can you tell us what you want to accomplish?

Good question!  :-[

I'm a tall guy at 6'3" and an aspiring peg scraper.  I dont need the pegs lower than stock but the zx9 pegs actually raise the height and thats no good.  I like the more sporty riding position afforded by having the pegs back a bit from the stock config but the Buell pegs are pointed downward so my foot hits the pavement before anything else in the corners.

What I'd really like is a flat peg thats a little lower down, like the stock peg, but not pushed forward.

cra-z1000 said:
Im pretty sure the Murphs Kneesaver pegs are Goldwing pegs with a slight modification .

The kneesavers are the GL1800 but I wonder if those pegs will hook right to the stock bracket or not.

I believe the kneesavers do work with the stock brackets.  But as I understand they also lower the peg ht just a bit, thats the knee comfort part of it.  The GL 1800 pegs are also thinner than our C10 pegs.  Good Luck.

Murph's knee savers move the pegs down and back slightly (less than an inch further back).  The only time I have dragged one is when the bike was sliding on it's side down the highway.  The bike was totalled, but the pegs live on, mounted on my replacement bike.

Sparkie said:
I believe the kneesavers do work with the stock brackets.  But as I understand they also lower the peg ht just a bit, thats the knee comfort part of it.  The GL 1800 pegs are also thinner than our C10 pegs.  Good Luck.

Sparkie's right. I had the Kneesavers and my #13 boot tip would occasionally hit the road on hard turns and sometimes cornering. Very disconcerting. But I learned to slide my foot back on the peg and rest the ball of my foot on the peg when cornering. I've got a 35" inseam and big feet. Good combination to drag, BUT the extra leg room is good. I saved the C-10 OEM Rider pegs and swapped out the stubby pegs on my C-14 for them. The pegs are thinner, though.

I lost one of the new peg rubbers when I failed to check the set screws that hold them on when they were new (word to the wise) and replaced it with a 2008 GL1800 peg rubber. I took a guess at about how long I thought the Kneesavers had been on the market as starting about then.

The Kneesavers lower the pegs, but the GL1800 pegs are thinner.  It winds up putting them in nearly the same spot when it comes to dragging the pegs.  I recently had to replace the rubber on both of the GL1800 pegs from scraping them. 

The Kneesavers use stock GL1800 pegs without any modification.  The Kneesavers itself is what adapts the stock bracket to the GL1800 peg.  There are no modifications necessary, everything just bolts up.  However, you can't just bolt GL1800 pegs to the C10. 

In fitment speak the Concours pegs are male, the gl1800 female. And the kneesavers are,... well... nevermind...

Beej said:
How about putting the rear pegs on the front; I know folks have given this a whirl.  Any drawbacks?

I think they lower where your feet a bit, and they will move your feet back farther.  You will need a spacer to fill the gap of the smaller passenger peg loops where they attach to the rider footpeg brackets.

Hemicuda has done this, you could PM him for some more details.

I moved my rear pegs forward and find it to be more comfy...I'm 6'2".

Just used nuts, bolts and washers that I had in the shop. No longer spring loaded but they do still pivot if needed.

IMG_20150702_182518622_HDR_zpslelsrdl0.jpg

IMG_20150702_182506717_HDR_zpsdgiykuq8.jpg

Gitbox said:
I did this a couple years ago and kept it that way until I sold the bike. Worked great for me.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=48491.msg329240#msg329240

Remember that, Beej?  :)

GITBOX!  Of course I remember!  Imagine my dismay when I couldn't find your diagram.  And now you've come back to C10 land and DELIVERED!  Thanks!  Hope you're well.  Hope even more you've got another C10; though I can't imagine you would want to do all those mods again.

I pop in every now and then.  ;D

I sold the C10 and bought an FJR1300. The guy who got my bike got a super deal. He basically paid for my mods and I gave him the bike.

Love the Feej, by the way. Hey, it rhymes with your handle! :D