• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New C10 owner in Georgia

mattmagee3096

Big Wheel
Forum Subscriber
New guy from NW GA here... Recently bought a really clean 1995 Concours. Looks more like a well kept 4-5 year old bike than the 25 it is. Bought from the second owner. Only non-stock pieces are the windshield, a Givi top case and a Russell Day Long seat.

Passed the rod test so had Steve fit the overflow tubes in the float bowls. Will finish up the carbs and the valve adjustment this week.

Looking forward to having something more slab friendly than my CB500X or Sportster. Put about 1200 miles on it so far, no complaints other than I'm pondering Heli Bars. My friend had a 2006 which I rode a few times so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into regarding the weight and vibration. My goal was something inexpensive, well supported, durable and relaxed at interstate speeds.

Much better for the roads I ride than the 1200 Venture I had. Was looking hard at various cruisers, but I think the determining factor was cornering clearance. Mountain roads, surprise decreasing-radius turns and low floorboards can make for "moments".

Btw... Was just on a test ride trying out a new back tire on my XL and spoke with someone with a 2012 C14 (guessing 2012 as it was Candy Arabian Red). So if you were on Brushy Mountain Rd today and talked to someone on a Yellow Sportster, say hello!

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Welcome sir! The C-10 is a great bike. We just had a wet RTE in Alabama, but the C-10 is one of the best all weather bikes in the world. I hope to have another one sort of over in NW GA in a few weeks, so watch the forum and event calendar. Your local Ass't Area Director is Tom Sills who lives in Rome. He always has a Februrary RTE in NE AL, so watch for that. The National Rally is at Lake Guntersville, AL in June next year. Come on! I live in Gainesville, GA, so maybe I'll see you sometime.

Again, welcome!

Ron Simmons
SE Area Director

mattmagee3096

Big Wheel
Forum Subscriber
Thanks Ron,

I did have a chance a few weeks ago to test the heavy rain coverage of the fairing. Just some drops coming down my visor and a little bit on the legs. Will see how it works in the cold soon too.

I missed the recent RTE due to previous commitments but looking forward to Guntersville in June.