• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New C14 rider seeks MSF course(s) in coastal SC

Uncle Vern

I am in Horry County: Conway-Myrtle Beach area. Off most weekends. Local tech school (Horry-Georgetown Technical College) used to offer MSF Basic course but no longer seems to. Maybe just not on their Spring schedule????

I want to start with the Basic course for three reasons: 1) I have owned/ridden only a few different bikes off and on over 30 years, but I now own a cherry 2019 C14 and want to keep her that way, 2) I have never taken a course and would like to start at the beginning and learn from the best, and 3) I lost my MC endorsement in 2012 after a DUI wreck -I'm done drinking-and-driving - so I have to start over with SCDMV, and their parking-lot "road test" is not only worthless but a waste of my time to practice for.

Completion of the Basic course will get me an MC endorsement, if the info I can pry out of DMV is correct. Once re-licensed, I want to take as many MSF courses as I can. Money used to be an obstacle but is not such a challenge these days. Plus I now have most weekends off. ;D

Check with Jenn Simons. She's a MSF RiderCoach down in that territory. You should be able to PM her via the forum.

Check with South Carolina Rider ED: http://www.scridered.org.  They will be your best source for information.  Myrtle Beach still shows up as a training location.  I actually used to teach the MSF course there years ago (many years ago). 

I think Myrtle Beach might be in the middle of updating their fleet. But Charleston riding classes are going strong, and I maintain the entire fleet of 15 on my own. We are rocking and rolling most every weekend, and classes are usually nearly full.

I've sent Uncle Vern a PM with some details and he can crash (figuratively) at my place.

Successful completion of the SC MSF course will indeed yield a license waiver.

I reached Jenn thru PM. Just waiting on details of when and how much $. ;D Thanks COG! Other courses and instructors welcome once I get my ME.