• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New CDA member....

zzyzx

Big Wheel
I joined CDA yesterday, Sept 14. My 2005 C10 was running rough, took it to a local shop for valve adjustment, balancer check and carburetor sync to help lessen the "buzz." Started the bike so I could move it 20 feet across the parking lot to pick it up later. I think it happened as a combination of two factors: 1) I was at slow walking speed and used the front brake, and 2) my fancy office shoes have less than zero grip on them to grab the asphalt. Down it went, breaking off the right side driver footrest (already was half broken and was shopping for one), scratched the bag and the mirror. Scratch on belly fairing. Have only had this great bike for six weeks also.  Now even more repairs. No injuries - just stepped out of the way as it went down.

Well first off, Welcome to the Forum!  It always pains me when someone's very first post is in here.  Connie is a top-heavy gal, particularly when freshly filled with fuel, and we've all been there - whether we admit it or not.

I hate to say it, but this is probably a blessing in disguise.  If your right-side driver's footrest was already "half broken" then you really need to replace it.  If that thing lets go as you hit a bump at speed, you're likely to suffer a Crash (not a Drop) and you could end up in a world of hurt.

You might also consider getting a set of Murph's Tip-Over bars, which will protect the bike (including the tupperware) the next time she goes over.

http://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_90&products_id=127

I'm really glad that you weren't hurt, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop her again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster.

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew

Any time, but especially when parking/slow maneuvering, never ever never ever ever never stop the bike with the handlebars in any position except straight.

DAMHIK

Thud300 said:
Any time, but especially when parking/slow maneuvering, never ever never ever ever never stop the bike with the handlebars in any position except straight.

DAMHIK
:iagree: