• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Cold Weather Record For Me

Sport rider

Iron Butt
So....Denise's car is in the shop.  She and Madelyn took my truck to work.  That left me to ride the bike.  No biggie.  I thought the low last night was supposed to be in the 30s.  turns out the temp on the way to work was 19!  :-\

Overall did fine, but need to put the lower fairing back on for riding this cold.  Back of hands were cold, but the heated grips helped.

People probably thought I was nuts.  :))

...and all the way to work, you kept thinking about moving to Key West....  :rotflmao:

Sport Rider said:
So....Denise's car is in the shop.  She and Madelyn took my truck to work.  That left me to ride the bike.  No biggie.  I thought the low last night was supposed to be in the 30s.  turns out the temp on the way to work was 19!  :-\

Overall did fine, but need to put the lower fairing back on for riding this cold.  Back of hands were cold, but the heated grips helped.

People probably thought I was nuts.  :))

Good for you Dave!

connie_rider said:
You "ARE" nuts.  {regardless of how cold it is when you go motorcycle riding}.  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Where's your spirit Ted? Don't be a wuss.  :nananana:

It was 21* when I left on my New Year's  Day ride with a high of only 25*. I had a glove problem so I cut it short, only 90 miles!

Cliff  :beerchug:

good deal! I love riding in the super cold, went to work first week of the year and it was 15 when I left the house but I ran heated gloves, jacket, pants, socks and grips, didnt even get a little cold. Not many days I get a chance to use all the gear, gonna be 14 tomorrow but snowed today and getting Icy so guess it's the truck again.......if I go at all.

We don't normally ride around here if it's below 50*...
But occasionally we get caught away from home.

So, I guess my record is 16*..
My sad story;
I put on the Big Bend Ride may years ago in late Feb. or early March. {don't recall exact date}
An officer stopped us that night to err admire our motorcycles and told us a storm was approaching.
At the time, the temp was about 60* or 70*..
We sed no problem, we had a coat.. {duhh!} an dheaded for the Motel.
The next morning a real cold front had come thru.
It was 18* when we awoke,  and sleeting/snowing.
  { so we mostly hibernated that day }..  Somehow, we were able to get out and buy extra gloves etc, because the next day, we had to go..
At daylight, we loaded up, the snow/sleet had passed,, but it was 16*...
Away we went..
{luckily} It warmed rapidly after we left Alpine and became pleasant as we rode to Del Rio...

Ride safe, Ted