• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Concours owner

cockraml

Big Wheel
I moved from a 2006 vtx1300c (first bike) to a 2009 Connie with ABS.  I am having some problems with shoulder and neck pain. I added helibar risers, but it doesn't seem to be helping very much.  I can't really ride for more then 40 minutes without shooting pains in my shoulder and neck.  I really love the bike, but it is really annoying not to be able to ride long distance on this bike.  I never had any issues with my previous cruiser.  Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the shoulder/neck pain?  Thanks for your help.

Give it time Mike. Sometimes it just takes some getting use to the riding position. Your body may still adjust. I just may take a little at a time. Don't give up yet!

Mike said:
Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the shoulder/neck pain?  Thanks for your help.

Don't take this the wrong way but try a lighter helmet and work out.  I have no idea of your physique but doing some basics on a *regular* basis will go a long way.  After a long winter, I get the same thing but after putting in some time, I'm road ready.

Ok thanks.  I have only 1200 miles on the bike.  I love the features of the bike, will just have to give it some time.

Hi Mike
I will second the others on the group.  I too came from a cruiser to my 2009 Concours, and the riding position is very different by comparison and takes some getting used too.

As they have said, pay attention to helmet weight, and also pay attention to the shape of the back if your helmet.  The helmet that is comfy with my cruiser was too low in the back to where it kinked my neck on the Connie.  By comparison, you look up quite a bit more on the Connie.

Hope that helps as the Connie is a truely awesome ride!