• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Concours Rider in AZ - Need advice on where to go for service/repairs

Dr B

^-^  For a variety of reasons I'm back on a bike after more than 30 years.  To be honest, I didn't really know what a sport tourer was and was planning on getting a cruiser type but I spotted a 2001 Concours on CraigsList and fell in love with it.  I was planning on getting service/repairs at the used cycle shop where I bought the bike but after reading a lot of forum posts it seems like there are a lot of little tricks to making the Concours run at it's best.  Now I'm thinking that I might want to find a shop/mechanic who has a lot of experience with the Concours.  Any thoughts on this idea or, more importantly, anyone know a good shop in the Phoenix East Valley area (Gilbert/Mesa/Chandler)?

I've had a lot of fun riding the past few weeks (scared myself a few times  :eek:) and look forward to a great experience.  Reading this forum has helped confirm that I made a great choice in bikes.

Thanks!

WELCOME!  Sorry I can't help you out with a mechanic out there.  Maybe someone out there can help.

Hey Cap'n Bob, thanks for the welcome.  I noticed you also ride an FJR - how does that compare with the Concours?

Dr B said:
Hey Cap'n Bob, thanks for the welcome.  I noticed you also ride an FJR - how does that compare with the Concours?

Both are great bikes. I'll leave it at that!  :)

Welcome Dr. B  if no one speaks up about a shop I will try to look for members in the area to ask.