• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Concours Rider

david

Big Wheel
Just purchased my first sport touring bike Friday night and i love it. It is the 2009 C14 and i can't wait to get it out of the break in period. I am from Savannah Georgia and I am a retail manager, 42 years old with wife Jay and two daughters Krysten 14 (Going on 20) and Kaleigh 9. I have been riding for a couple of years and regret not doing it sooner. I rode a Suzuki Intruder before this bike and I am happy I made the switch. I love my Concours!!! David H. Which COG 1/2 cover will fit the 2009 the best?

Way cool, Dave. Congrats and many happy years of riding a terrific bike. I assume you'll be a member of COG!! (Hint, hint) Bob Bob "Flylooper" Burns COG #5887 E Clampus Vitus, YB#1 '04 FJR 1300
VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Welcome aboard I think that is three C14s in the last two weeks good to know the economy isn't all bad. I am way up North but will be close during the National. Come on up so all us vintage people can drool.

Hi David, according to the recently retired Tech Editor Rich, who just happens to be a C14 owner, the regular size COG cover will fit. Welcome to the club! Dave Muir 1980 LTD1000 - Rocket 1999 Concours - Rocket II 1997 Dyna - wife's CT-COG #3649 Merchandise Czar

Welcome David! I've not ridden the '09 C-14 yet - unless sitting on one in the showroom and making "vroom, vroom" sounds counts as riding one. What color did you get? I've got an older '99 and love it. If/when I ever decide to give Margo up, it may very well be for a C-14. Enjoy and ride safe!

Mark It is black on black and after this weekend it has another 175 miles on it and a few insect casualties on the front end. What a machine!!!

Welcome Dave, Check out the Run with the Wolf rally in Ga. coming very soon to a twisted up road area near you. It should be on the calendar. I enjoyed the rally very much a couple years ago. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

They won't let you sit on the C14 at my local dealer. Of course, I won't give them my money either so it's probably a fair deal. Welcome aboard David, good luck in keeping that beautiful bike south of the sound barrier. :)

Welcome David, Great choice in your pick. Just hope you can keep it clean and get that silly grin off your face. :p :) Sammie Timmons 74 gt380 totaled 74 gt750 totaled 80 gs850 totaled 05 vulcan 750 traded 08 c14 my baby 08 versys (my wife's)

Welcome, David. I know if you enjoy that C14 as much as I have my C10, you'll be a happy man! As has been mentioned, join us at the Run With the Wolf Rally in April (in Georgia) and the national Rally in June (in North Carolina). Check the calendar for more info and to sign up. Eddie 2005 Concours 1969 Triumph Bonneville AMA# 686667 COG# 7073 CDA# 0136 http://picasaweb.google.com/Eddie753