• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Connie, New/Old Member

mdw6678

Big Wheel
Introductions:  Hmmm.  Mike from SE Minnesota, (right along the Mississippi River).  This is the second time I have belonged to COG.  A couple of years ago I had a '86 Connie, that bike was replaced by a 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner.  Found out that while cruisers are nice, not my cup of tea.  Just this Wednesday I picked up a 2008 C-14 with 3300 miles on it and haven't stopped smiling since.  I have been riding for 40 years, and, well, never been on a bike quite as fast as the Connie.  If this 54 year old fat guy ends up in jail for going 125 in a 55 my wife will make sure the Connie is gone prior to bailing me out of jail.  Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. 

Glad to be back on a Concours...what an engine.

Welcome back. I usta live in Welch township, just north of Red Wing. I really like Co Rd 7, both directions out of "downtown" Welch.