• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Connie Rider ...

JustJ

Training Wheels
Hey everybody!
After a long time drooling and wanting a Connie, I finally took the leap. Well ... my wife actually made me do it. I came home yesterday with a brand-new 2012 Candy Arabian Red Connie. The guys at Texas Powersports in Austin got her all together for me and were an absolute pleasure to work with. I've only done about 350 miles so far but I absolutely LOVE this bike!!!
As for me ... I've been riding for a little over 5 years now and live in the Houston area. I also participate on Two Wheeled Texans. Hope to meet many of y'all soon!
IMG_4889.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

Jorge said:
Welcome!
I love the tank bag.. is it a magnetic mount or with straps?
I've tried using straps, but nothing seems to be able to keep it still long enough to really get it tied down. :p

Hi James,
I am in Austin and try to make it to TWT pie runs.  I manage to get busy and missed this last one.  Hope we can hook up soon.  I am the area director for the area.  Let me know what I can do for you and consider joining up and coming to local events and the national rally next year. 
http://concours.org/nationalrally2012

:welcome:

Welcome James!!  Boy I sure like that new color you have, enjoy the new toy and may you put many safe miles on her.

Clinton said:
The first think you did was post a picture of it so thats always a good thing!!

Welcome!!

Well ... unless there's a picture, it never happened, right?

Welcome J! Maybe some time we can get the north Texas riders to meet some of you southern boys in the Hill Country for a ride. I've got a hankering for some Coopers BBQ.

The Wildflower RIde will be coming up in the Spring.  Of course there's the Big Bend Ride he Twisties Ride just before that as well.  ANd let us never forget the return of the National Rally to the South Central Region that'll be coming next Summer.  AND if meantime someone puts something else together in the Hill Country that'd be awesome too. 

If Brad in Houston gets back on track with the Saturday Rides there then that's another group gathering you can make.  South Central is really looking up for the next year.  So welcome to the best region in the club.  And that's a gorgeous bike too, BTW.  8)