• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NEW EVENT - Roman Roast on the River May 10-11

Tom NWGA

EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!  WAIT FOR IT TO RE-APPEAR IN 2014

Check out the SE COG calendar for a NEW event posting for the weekend of May 10-11. 

Everyone is welcome to the 3rd Annual Roman Roast on the River Barbeque Competition and Festival on May 10-11. The barbeque competition is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society and will offer competitions in both professional and back yard categories.Enjoy tasty BBQ along the banks of the Oostananula River at Ridge Ferry Park in Rome, Georgia. Excited to announce that on Friday May 10 The Georgia Blues Brothers and Scott Thompson & Peachtree Station will perform! Gates open Friday at 6:00pm! Hope to see you there. Tickets to the event can be bought at the event and will cost $10 for Friday night competition and concert and $5 for Saturday competition.

Group camping will be available beginning Thursday night for those wanting overnight accommodations and lodging at Cedar Creek RV and Outdoor Center (www.bigcedarcreek.com) located outside of Cave Spring, GA. Reference COG to use the reserved group camping area.

Come early, ride the area's excellent roads, and enjoy BBQ at its finest!

Link to the calendar:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176663&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013-05-01%27%7D

BBQ, Blues & Bikes. Doesn't get any better than that. I'm in already. Hope you'll be there also. Nice area, a really good ciger shop in town, a seriously good campground and fellow riders of COG. What's going to stop YOU from attending?
Thanks Tom, you did a great job on getting this done.    Al

I've been to the cigar shop in town, it even has it's own bar. Downtown Rome also has a few nice restaurants as well.

I've been wanting to paddle the Big Cedar Creek, the CG has it's own outfitter which you can rent boats from and they will shuttle you up river to float/paddle back down.

Kurt

Tom,
I have been here right? The place we met to ride up to Wildcat last year as I recall.

Pastor Tyler

Ty,
We met up in Rolater Park, which is located in Cave Spring. We passed the RV Park about four miles out from Cave Spring.  You may not have seen it as we were dispatching with a slow-moving truck about that same time...

We'll have to pull this down from the calendar. Tom contacted me to say that one of his sons will graduate from college the Saturday of the event, and since he was going to be our host and guide, I thought we should put this off until next year.
It sounded like a great venue, so let's try it again next year. We'll be having a SECOG Leadership Team meeting at RWTW, so we'll come up with something to fill up that time slot. If you have an idea for something in mid to late May, please contact your AAD or myself to make it happen.        Al

As I told Al, I have been calendared  :-[  Definitely like the idea of this, but we will have to wait until next year.  ;)

The Roman Roast on the River is a one weekend event, so you kinda miss all of the things that were attractive to us all....Blues & BBQ.    Al

The riding is good most days, but the event is just that one weekend. Thought I had this event squeezed in before the graduation/moving out period, but, alas, no...

I wasn't going to be able to make it as my son's band banquet is that Friday. He is a senior so it was an event I could not have missed.

But, I've heard good things about the camp ground Tom had reserved. The big ceder creek is a river I've been wanting to float. They have shuttle service and you can rent canoes or kayaks. I think it would be a nice location to have some type of gathering.