• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New farkle arrived and installed - braided brake & clutch lines!

zg

Well my new braided front & rear brake & clutch lines arived yesterday and are being installed today, just in time for my big bday!  :)

I went with smoke colored braided lines with black banjo's and banjo bolts.  8)

Also Phil (aka Phils Farkles) was kind enough to make me some custom mounting blocks for where the front lines attach to the upper triple clamp, excellent fit and look awesome!!
:13:

I swang by my local shop at lunch to check out the install progress, everything is on and installed but I guess they need to sit with pressure applied for like 3 or 4 hours, plus it's pouring rain here so I'll just wait to pick up my Connie until tomorrow and hopefully find a gap in the rain showers...
:truce:

Nice work ZG.  Those look outstanding.  Curious to hear if you notice a difference in brake feel at the lever or pedal.  Hope the rain breaks....otherwise you get a complimentary Homer Simpson car wash on the way home. :)

Nice ZG.  Who did you source these from?  Is it a complete kit?  The only ones I've seen previously are just the top lines, not the comlete set, which seems silly.  Price?.  I saw the block by Phil in a previous post - is he planning on posted these for sale, or do we just have to email him and ask?
Last question : what's up with letting it sit for a few hours?  To let the air bubble migrate up?  Did you install speed bleeder valves?  (OK, so that's 3 last questions.)

Don557 said:
Nice ZG.  Who did you source these from?  Is it a complete kit?  The only ones I've seen previously are just the top lines, not the comlete set, which seems silly.  Price?.  I saw the block by Phil in a previous post - is he planning on posted these for sale, or do we just have to email him and ask?
Last question : what's up with letting it sit for a few hours?  To let the air bubble migrate up?  Did you install speed bleeder valves?  (OK, so that's 3 last questions.)

Thanks Don, I got them from Galfer and yes it's a complete set, cost was just under $300 because I had a couple custom tweaks done to em...

http://www.galferusa.com/brake-lines-for-street-sport-racing-motorcycles/

1965soda said:
Nice work ZG.  Those look outstanding.  Curious to hear if you notice a difference in brake feel at the lever or pedal.  Hope the rain breaks....otherwise you get a complimentary Homer Simpson car wash on the way home. :)

Thanks Soda!  :beerchug:

I'll keep you posted on the feel once I can get out for a rip.  :)

I like the Mean Streak next to your bike Jay. I doesn't look as dirty as yours.    :))  I think that has to be the first dirty bike picture that I can remember of your bike.  :eek:

Cap'n Bob said:
I like the Mean Streak next to your bike Jay. I doesn't look as dirty as yours.    :))  I think that has to be the first dirty bike picture that I can remember of your bike.  :eek:

Axxman said:
Jay that bike is filthy :-\ and no fender extender ??? I'm ashamed of you :p

Yep, I know, I know... that probably is the dirtiest she's ever been, it was raining when I had to drop her off at the shop unfortunately...  :mad: :'(

I'll get her cleaned back up when I get her home for sure!!  ;D

^^^^^^ Don,
The brake levers and clutch lever are held under pressure for a few hours -- or a day -- to make sure there are no leaks, and that the system stays pressurized.

ProfessorKonk said:
^^^^^^ Don,
The brake levers and clutch lever are held under pressure for a few hours -- or a day -- to make sure there are no leaks, and that the system stays pressurized.

Yep, true. Sorry I forgot to answer that part of the question...

PK,
Thanks so much for all your help in my sourcing stage bro, I totally owe you beers someday man, thanks again!!  :beerchug:

All the banjo's and banjo bolts I had done in black...

IMG00952-20120331-1727.jpg

IMG00954-20120331-1728.jpg

Front brakes...

IMG00944-20120331-1724.jpg

IMG00924-20120331-1718.jpg

IMG00945-20120331-1724.jpg

IMG00936-20120331-1721.jpg

IMG00937-20120331-1721.jpg

IMG00935-20120331-1721.jpg

IMG00957-20120331-1732.jpg

Ok, got her home from the shop this afternoon and cleaned up! Here's some better pics for you guys...

Phil's custom retainer blocks, absolutely beautifully done, Phil is Da'man!! Thanks Bro!

IMG00925-20120331-1718.jpg

IMG00928-20120331-1719.jpg

IMG00930-20120331-1720.jpg

Clutch...

IMG00946-20120331-1724.jpg

IMG00941-20120331-1723.jpg

IMG00942-20120331-1723.jpg

Rear brake... It's tough to tell from the pics but the smoke colored lines are actually almost an exact match to the carbon fiber exhaust in the sunlight...

IMG00939-20120331-1722.jpg

IMG00940-20120331-1722.jpg

IMG00943-20120331-1723.jpg

smooth_operator said:
Gosh ZG, what are all those fancy newfangled devices in your cockpit?Kidding!! Just kidding!! :D :D

Just radar detector and GPS SO...  :great:

ZG said:
Well my new braided front & rear brake & clutch lines arived yesterday and are being installed today, just in time for my big bday!  :)

I went with smoke colored braided lines with black banjo's and banjo bolts.  8)

Also Phil (aka Phils Farkles) was kind enough to make me some custom mounting blocks for where the front lines attach to the upper triple clamp, excellent fit and look awesome!!
:13:

I swang by my local shop at lunch to check out the install progress, everything is on and installed but I guess they need to sit with pressure applied for like 3 or 4 hours, plus it's pouring rain here so I'll just wait to pick up my Connie until tomorrow and hopefully find a gap in the rain showers...
:truce:

How do we get in touch with this Phils Farkles ?  And do you have the part numbers for the braided lines so we will know exactly what to get ?

Trouble said:
How do we get in touch with this Phils Farkles ?  And do you have the part numbers for the braided lines so we will know exactly what to get ?

You can call or email him, he doesn't have these blocks listed on his site but if you tell him that's what you want he will make em for ya, he's done at least 4 sets for folks that I know of, he's a great guy and does awesome work!  :great:

http://www.philsfarkels.com/