• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

new guy

Ghost Rider 2

I am the new guy on the board.  On my 3rd Connie but never got around to joining. Will be around more regular during the winter.  Will probly need some advice. Bought a cruise control for my 1400.  It will be my winter project to install.
  Between my wife and myself we own 5 bikes. I ride a 81 GL1100  90 Gl1500 Goldwings and a 08 C14  Wife has a 04 750 Shadow and a 99 GL1500 trike.
  I figure a bike is like a person.  Each one is a little different. They each ride a little different.  But I figure the Goldwing and the Concours are the best bikes made.

Ghost Rider 2 said:
  I am the new guy on the board.  On my 3rd Connie but never got around to joining. Will be around more regular during the winter.  Will probly need some advice. Bought a cruise control for my 1400.  It will be my winter project to install.
  Between my wife and myself we own 5 bikes. I ride a 81 GL1100  90 Gl1500 Goldwings and a 08 C14  Wife has a 04 750 Shadow and a 99 GL1500 trike.
  I figure a bike is like a person.  Each one is a little different. They each ride a little different.  But I figure the Goldwing and the Concours are the best bikes made.
Welcome Ghosty and congrats on owning some sweet bikes (especially the Connie  ;) ).  I hope you have a great time hanging with all these crazy people.  BTW, what cruise did you get for your 14?

Colin, we've got another 4m (fourm) member here... can ya fix dat spellin'?

Ghost Rider 2 said:
  I bought a McCruise from  BBAR.  I am using a cat O ring not bad, but full blown cruise will be nice.

Well you did say you wouldn't install it until after the riding season is over. I bought a used McCruise for my FJR from Mad River Marc, after he wrecked his bike (coincidentally at Mad River Glen, VT.)  :D  My new to me McCruise is on the FJR and working. So lets get to it and get yours on now. You can do it!!!!  :)

Yep we will get it on this fall.  Work for me is very busy this time of year. So what little time I have off I am on bike. This is a major maintance winter at our garage.  Wife and I have 2 goldwings that are getting major tune ups with timing belts. Plus the cruise on the connie.  also want so type of road peg. My riding season will be ending in a few weeks.  So the work will strart.