• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New here again. Had a 2013 and sold her for some forgotten reason.

RickMorgan

Had a 2013 and sold her for some forgotten reason. Bought a Ninja 1000SX and did a trip last July from Gulfport, Ms to Omak, Wa just east of the Cascade Mountains. Then off to the eastern seaboard to Main then down tp Pa then home in 15 days. 10 riding days with 8700 and some change. Sorry I sold the Concourse. Made up for it 2 weeks ago and bought a 2022 model and haven't regrated it at all. Still have the SX. Not sure what to do with her yet. Will post photos when I get around to taking some. Now just looking for some Canyon Cages for her. Seems like they aren't available anymore. Would buy form anyone that's got a set laying around. But many of us are saying that.

Welcome back, and I'm pretty sure you'll get over your feelings of loss over the 2013 you let slip away. The 2022 is the same as all the Gen3 model years, except for the pinstriping. I've got the 2021 and enjoyed farkling it with rideability and safety improvements. The first thing you'll want to do is ride it stock and suffer a bit until you're so sick of the whiplash that you'll part with the $'s to get that ECU flashed to remove the throttle-off fuel cut.

It sounds like you've got the ability to spend some time in the saddle. So tightening the suspension from stock will help that OEM bench work better. It took me about a year to figure that out. Four right-hand clicks on the fork rebound knobs from where they are now (assuming you're still riding it the way the dealership delivered it to you). And 18 clicks from fully open for the rear (eg. turn the rear all the way to the left and then start counting 18 clicks while turning the knob to the right). That'll firm things up and get you a place to start zeroing in on 'perfect' for your style and size.

Once you've got that sorted, you'll be able to pick your poison with slip-on exhausts so the motor will breathe like it's supposed to. Might also consider swapping out those Battlax 021s for something nicer. I suggest trying the 190/55ZR17 sizing on the back. I'm really enjoying this larger rear tire diameter. Almost any tire you opt for will remarkably improve the ride with a modest investment.

Keep us in the loop. Will be good to get your impressions after you've added or upgraded parts.

Cheers, AB
711D4FEF-3189-4C84-8275-DC4BD3B7D14D.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome back, and I'm pretty sure you'll get over your feelings of loss over the 2013 you let slip away. The 2022 is the same as all the Gen3 model years, except for the pinstriping. I've got the 2021 and enjoyed farkling it with rideability and safety improvements. The first thing you'll want to do is ride it stock and suffer a bit until you're so sick of the whiplash that you'll part with the $'s to get that ECU flashed to remove the throttle-off fuel cut.

It sounds like you've got the ability to spend some time in the saddle. So tightening the suspension from stock will help that OEM bench work better. It took me about a year to figure that out. Four right-hand clicks on the fork rebound knobs from where they are now (assuming you're still riding it the way the dealership delivered it to you). And 18 clicks from fully open for the rear (eg. turn the rear all the way to the left and then start counting 18 clicks while turning the knob to the right). That'll firm things up and get you a place to start zeroing in on 'perfect' for your style and size.

Once you've got that sorted, you'll be able to pick your poison with slip-on exhausts so the motor will breathe like it's supposed to. Might also consider swapping out those Battlax 021s for something nicer. I suggest trying the 190/55ZR17 sizing on the back. I'm really enjoying this larger rear tire diameter. Almost any tire you opt for will remarkably improve the ride with a modest investment.

Keep us in the loop. Will be good to get your impressions after you've added or upgraded parts.

Cheers, AB
View attachment 34348I like the quite of the stock exhaust and on the 13 model I had. I ran the Bridgestone's T31's and liked the way she handled. Will probably go back to them or the T32's if I can still find a front to match the rear I just received.

Pic of the 13 model with Cayon Cages and a MR smoked windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_20210613_180437_098.jpg
    IMG_20210613_180437_098.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 57

Cheers, AB
View attachment 34348
What windshield do you have on her?
I'm running the Bridgestone's T32 GTs on this one. Had good results with the T31's on my 13 model. Always run the 190/55 rear and 120/70's fronts. Same on the ZX9R, ZX10R and the 1000 SX. Love the way they handle and great milage.

Last edited:
Are u looking for tip iver protection only, or pritection and a place to mount highway pegs and or aux lighting? If just protection, then murphs has tip over bars, T REX also does fairing and bag protection. I believe someone was able to figure out hiw to mount a highway peg on the T rex...

Are u looking for tip iver protection only, or pritection and a place to mount highway pegs and or aux lighting? If just protection, then murphs has tip over bars, T REX also does fairing and bag protection. I believe someone was able to figure out hiw to mount a highway peg on the T rex...
Faring and bag protection is what I'm looking for. I'll look at these sites. Thank you.