• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member and 06 Connie owner!

Tresslerd

Big Wheel
Made the plunge and happy to say I'm back in the bike game again!  Been riding since I was 16 and now 55.  Job always limited riding time lately. Previous 2 bikes were a Voyager (94) and a Gold Wing (03).  sold the Wing in 06 but came across what I hope was a great deal.  got an 06 with only 4700 miles. runs great, has an aftermarket shield w/vent plus a speaker system for external source like IPoD.  Haven't ridden yet other then up and down the street today. Get the tags tomorrow and taking a ride ASAP. Will need to do the handlebar change pretty quick and maybe lower the pegs a little.  Looking forward to making it personalized!  Think this bike was part of a post on 24 Jan about a guy upgrading to this from an older model.  My good luck he stayed with his old one! Anyway looking forward to joining everyone and back to riding whenever possible!  I work for the Air Force as a Civilian for 10 years after 20 years active duty.  Hope to talk and meet some of you soon! Have lots of questions and will do a lot of reading to gather info on how best to make her a little better!
Dave T

Yeah, Welcome Dave.  Connie's a sweet platform from which to farkle to your heart's content.  I hope you get her just like you want her and get some great riding weather soon.

Hey Dave! Welcome aboard and Congrats!

First off... Thank you for your service to me and our country! You guys (and gals) are the reason there is an America still!

You do know that the 06 has been the most reliable and fastest year of all the C-10's. The color has been voted to be the most awe inspiring. If you are married, be real careful riding in public because it is an overwhelming chick magnet. The 06 also is a great off road vehicle and it has been said that the blue is so attrractive to the sky that if Knievel had used a 2006 Concours the sky would have helped him over the Snake River! I rode all this past week through the Texas Superbowl blizzard of '11 and it handled like a gyroscope. It never even got dirty as it just shed off the grey slush and sand mix! I rode by the football stadium and was on the GreenBay side of the street and look what happened. I only change oil every 50,000 miles and the tires are said to last a decade..

Perhaps I am getting a little bit carried away but I love mine too!

doug said:
Hey Dave! Welcome aboard and Congrats!

First off... Thank you for your service to me and our country! You guys (and gals) are the reason there is an America still!

You do know that the 06 has been the most reliable and fastest year of all the C-10's. The color has been voted to be the most awe inspiring. If you are married, be real careful riding in public because it is an overwhelming chick magnet. The 06 also is a great off road vehicle and it has been said that the blue is so attrractive to the sky that if Knievel had used a 2006 Concours the sky would have helped him over the Snake River! I rode all this past week through the Texas Superbowl blizzard of '11 and it handled like a gyroscope. It never even got dirty as it just shed off the grey slush and sand mix! I rode by the football stadium and was on the GreenBay side of the street and look what happened. I only change oil every 50,000 miles and the tires are said to last a decade..

Perhaps I am getting a little bit carried away but I love mine too!
And there you have it, another unbiased opinion from my buddy Doug.  ;)

(easy there big fella, it's getting just a little deep. LOL)

Took my first ride today!  Great feeling to ride after a three year absence! Had heard the bike was a little top heavy but for me being 6-1 it felt just fine! Handled real good and compared to my last two bikes (wing/voyager).  Now they were heavy bikes!  The wind off the aftermarket ahold was clean...no buffeting at all.  Wind on the feet was hardly felt unlike the wing which was pretty cold in winter but nice in hot weather.  All in all a nice first impression.  Going to go on eBay to try to find a set of helibars to bring the reach in a little. Anyone have any for sale?  If I can't find a set I'll look to do the modification listed on this site by Murphs.  Anyway...great to be back riding again!

Welcome to Connie land and back to riding Tresslerd.  Helibars are a pretty rare find anymore it seems.  They're out there, just not so much.  I have Daytona barz on mine with a home-made conversion, but have run the Storz and KB adapters before and they work great with whatever bars you decide upon. Ride safe.

If you can't find the Helibars, a set of Honda Nighthawk bars in Murph's adapters will give you almost as much adjustability, at a fraction of the cost of Helibars.  There are a couple sets for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Nighthawk-CB700-700-HANDLEBAR-HANDLEBARS-/190482003646?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c599cb6be
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-cb700sc-cb-700-sc-cb700-nighthawk-handlebars-/140508633469?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b6f7997d

I am using ATV bars in adapters, and really like them.

Oh, and welcome!!

HTH,

Gary

Warmed up a bit today (high of 40)!  Took my second ride and got out on the highway and some backroads. Handled good, wind protection very surprising, was warmer then riding my old gwing!  Bike is surging and running a little rough.  Got a little better after some high speed running and warming up. Bike only has 4k (2006) so may have sat a lot and needs to be cleaned out. Reading about a 2 min carb rejet that sounds like the thing to do. I noticed the flat spot off idle and a lack of low end power. Once she wound up though it pulled good. Just a little rough and surging a little when not on the power.  So seems I need to farkle it up a little while it's still cold.  don't want to miss good warm water riding weather! Enjoying reading the posts and comments! Very happy with the bike! Think were going to get along just fine!

Wouldn't hurt to run a bit of carb cleaner thru a tank of gas. Might straighten things out.
I've heard that Steves 2 Min Jett Kit works very well.

Welcome again!

Ride safe, Ted